Rays Acquire Donnelly From Charlotte
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The South Carolina Stingrays and head coach Jason Fitzsimmons announced today that defenseman John Donnelly has been acquired from the Charlotte Checkers in exchange for financial considerations.
Donnelly, 26, has split time this year between the Checkers of the ECHL and the New Mexico Scorpions and Tulsa Oilers of the Central Hockey League. With Charlotte, the Marquette, MI native has played eight games and has two points (1g-1a) including a power play goal. Between the three teams Donnelly has four points in 14 games.
The 6'4", 205-pound defenseman began his professional year with the Elmira Jackals of the United Hockey League during the 2003-04 season. Donnelly's prior ECHL experience includes a stint with the Augusta Lynx as well as the Bakersfield Condors during that same 2003-04 season. Last year, Donnelly again played with the Elmira Jackals with current Stingrays Chris Chaput and Jarrett Konkle in his best professional year scoring 19 points (1g-18a) in 63 games. Donnelly is available for tonight's game against the Columbia Inferno.
Catch the Stingrays in action tonight at the North Charleston Coliseum as they take on the Inferno at 7:05 p.m. It's $10 Tuesdays presented by Halligan's with $2 beers and 2 for 1 hotdogs. Purchase a ticket for any seat in the Coliseum for only $10! Tonight's game will be broadcast live on ESPN Radio 910 the Team with Mike Kelly, "Voice of the Rays," and online at www.stingrayshockey.com. Stingrays Hockey - A Whole Lot Cooler!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 6, 2007
- Wildcatters Halt RoadRunners 7-3 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Undermanned Checkers scrap their way to 2-0 win over Augusta - Charlotte Checkers
- Inferno Zap Stingrays 6-4 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades hold first place after 7-2 stomping of Gwinnett - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Fall to Everblades, 7-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Checkers blank Lynx, 2-0 - Augusta Lynx
- Wranglers' Nastiuk named ECHL Saver of the Month - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Rookie Defenseman Coulombe assigned to Victoria - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Long Beach lets the dogs in, literally - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Falcons to Hold St. Baldrick's Day Event on March 15 - Fresno Falcons
- Dwayne Hay announces his retirement at end of regular season - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers acquire Tuomi from Phoenix - Charlotte Checkers
- Ice Pilots announce a couple of roster moves prior to road trip - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Acquire Tuomi, Deal Him To Charlotte - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Cincinnati's Ftorek Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- Texas' Herring Fined - ECHL
- South Carolina's Reid Fined - ECHL
- Johnstown's Hrdel Fined - ECHL
- Tifu Named Player of Week - Dayton Bombers
- Bombers' Tifu Named In Glas Co Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Graham and Pikkarainen recalled, Donnelly traded to South Carolina - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers' Nastiuk Named RBC Financial Group Saver Of The Month - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Community and Promotions Update - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Wednesday Is "Bikini Night" With The Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Stingrays vs. Inferno Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walsh Recalled To Grand Rapids - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers week in review - Wheeling Nailers
- Rays Acquire Donnelly From Charlotte - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Carolina Stingrays Stories
- Stingrays Blow by Greenville in Decisive Game 1
- Preview: Game 1: Stingrays vs. Swamp Rabbits, June 16 at 7:05 PM
- Ully Strikes Twice to Send Rays to Eastern Conference Finals
- Preview: Game 5: Stingrays at Everblades, June 14 at 7:30 PM
- Rays Force Game 5 with 4-2 Road Win