Tifu Named Player of Week
Dayton, OH-Dayton Bombers Head Coach and General Manager Don MacAdam announced today that forward Yannick Tifu has been named the In Glas Co ECHL Player of the Week for the week of February 26th.
The 22-year-old had four goals, nine assists, 13 points and a plus-minus rating of +8 as the Bombers went 5-0-0 and moved into second place in the North Division with 62 points, only two points behind leader Cincinnati.
After opening the week with a power-play goal and two assists in a 6-2 win against Toledo on Feb. 27, Tifu scored nine points (3g-6a) in three road games beginning with a career-high four assists and five points in a 5-2 win at Wheeling on Mar. 2. The Brossard, Quebec native scored four points (2g-2a) in a 7-2 win at Reading and closed out the week with an assist in a 6-0 win against Trenton on Mar. 4.
In his second professional season, the 5-foot-11 and 185-pound Tifu has scored a team-leading 20 goals, 34 assists and 54 points in 46 games since joining the Bombers from Phoenix. He is sixth in the ECHL with 44 assists and is tied for eighth with 66 points in 59 games.
Tifu played in the United Hockey League as a rookie in 2005-06 and had 72 points (23g-49a) and 102 penalty minutes in 76 regular season games and eight points (1g-7a) and 12 penalty minutes in nine playoff games for Rockford.
Before turning professional Tifu played four seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League where he had 248 points (99g-149a) and 216 penalty minutes in 279 regular season games and 18 points (10g-8a) and 23 penalty minutes in 29 playoffs games for Rouyn-Noranda.
On behalf of Yannick Tifu, a case of pucks will be donated to a Dayton, Ohio area youth hockey organization by In Glas Co, the exclusive puck supplier for the ECHL. Since beginning its sponsorship of the award in 2000-01, In Glas Co has donated more than 15,000 pucks to youth hockey organizations in ECHL cities.
For more information contact the Bombers office at 775-4747 or log on to www.daytonbombers.com. All Bombers broadcasts can be heard on line at www.echl.com or www.daytonbombers.com via the B2 Networks. Fans can also watch the games on B2 for a charge of $6. The Dayton Bombers are the proud affiliate of the "AAA" Syracuse Crunch of the AHL and the Columbus Blue Jackets of the NHL.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 6, 2007
- Wildcatters Halt RoadRunners 7-3 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Undermanned Checkers scrap their way to 2-0 win over Augusta - Charlotte Checkers
- Inferno Zap Stingrays 6-4 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades hold first place after 7-2 stomping of Gwinnett - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Fall to Everblades, 7-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Checkers blank Lynx, 2-0 - Augusta Lynx
- Wranglers' Nastiuk named ECHL Saver of the Month - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Rookie Defenseman Coulombe assigned to Victoria - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Long Beach lets the dogs in, literally - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Falcons to Hold St. Baldrick's Day Event on March 15 - Fresno Falcons
- Dwayne Hay announces his retirement at end of regular season - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers acquire Tuomi from Phoenix - Charlotte Checkers
- Ice Pilots announce a couple of roster moves prior to road trip - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Acquire Tuomi, Deal Him To Charlotte - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Cincinnati's Ftorek Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- Texas' Herring Fined - ECHL
- South Carolina's Reid Fined - ECHL
- Johnstown's Hrdel Fined - ECHL
- Tifu Named Player of Week - Dayton Bombers
- Bombers' Tifu Named In Glas Co Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Graham and Pikkarainen recalled, Donnelly traded to South Carolina - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers' Nastiuk Named RBC Financial Group Saver Of The Month - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Community and Promotions Update - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Wednesday Is "Bikini Night" With The Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Stingrays vs. Inferno Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walsh Recalled To Grand Rapids - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers week in review - Wheeling Nailers
- Rays Acquire Donnelly From Charlotte - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.