ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna in Long Beach Wednesday
LONG BEACH, Calif. - The Long Beach Ice Dogs of the ECHL, a proud affiliate of the Boston Bruins, have announced that ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna will be at the Long Beach Arena when the Ice Dogs host the Stockton Thunder on Wednesday, February 28th at NOON at the Long Beach Arena.
Brian McKenna is in his fifth season as Commissioner and was the creator and continues to be the driving force behind the ECHL's identity as the Premier 'AA' Hockey League.
McKenna oversaw the expansion of the ECHL to include six former west coast markets and three new teams in 2003-04, giving the league a national footprint and in 2006-07 the league welcomes the Cincinnati Cyclones and the Texas Wildcatters back to the ice.
The ECHL remains the leading source of talent for the American Hockey League and in 2005-06 the league had affiliations with 21 of the 27 teams in AHL and provided almost 80 percent of the AHL roster additions, clearly continuing to position the ECHL as the premier professional development league to the AHL and the NHL. This is consistent with the ECHL philosophy of providing fast-paced and affordable entertainment for its fans while providing a top-notch hockey environment for the best young players not in the AHL or NHL. In addition, the league just completed negotiations for a three-year extension of the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Professional Hockey Players' Association (PHPA) bringing labor peace and an opportunity to work jointly with the PHPA to continue to grow the sport at the 'AA' level through the 2008-09 season.
Tickets for all Ice Dogs games are available by calling an account executive at (562) ICE-DOGS, or by visiting the Long Beach Arena box office. For more information, please visit our website at www.icedogs.com. Season tickets and group sales for the 2006-07 Ice Dogs' season are on sale now. Fans may click on the TEAMLINE logo on www.icedogs.com for a free AUDIO feed for all Ice Dogs games or pay $6 for the VIDEO portion at all home games.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 27, 2007
- Condors Slip Past RoadRunners 5-4 In A Shootout - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Fresno Extra Special In 5-0 Win Over Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- MacDonald Stops 35 Shots for First Pro Shutout - Fresno Falcons
- Bombers soar over Toledo, 6-2 - Dayton Bombers
- Everblades in first place after 6-3 win over Augusta - Florida Everblades
- Ice Pilots fall to Inferno 5-4 in shootout - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Third period power play goals vault Everblades over Lynx - Augusta Lynx
- Community and Promotions Update - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Cyclones Receive Goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Constant recalled to Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Steelheads' Nesbitt Named In Glas Co Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Nesbitt named ECHL Player of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators "Salute to Atlanta Traffic" Jersey Auction a Success - Atlanta Gladiators
- McKenna named Goaltender of the Week - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Wranglers' McKenna Named Rbk Hockey Goalie Of The Week - ECHL
- Benson, Wellar may suit up for Peoria Thursday - Alaska Aces
- Condors Game Preview - Bakersfield Condors
- Atherton, Lascek and Smolenak recalled - Johnstown Chiefs
- Eight-Game Homestand Begins This Weekend - Stockton Thunder
- Charity Case to perform post-game concert March 17 - Charlotte Checkers
- ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna in Long Beach Wednesday - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Ice Pilots weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ice Pilots look for four wins in Columbia Tonight - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Book Em, Danno - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Beach Ice Dogs Stories
- Kelly Cup comes to Long Beach (for a visit)
- Long Beach lets the dogs in, literally
- American Idol contestant William Hung to perform at Long Beach Ice Dogs game Saturday night
- Ice Dogs and fans donate over 2,000 books to charity
- ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna in Long Beach Wednesday