February 27, 2007 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
Toledo Storm (27-21-1) at Dayton Bombers (24-20-4) 7:00 p.m. ET
- Toledo is 4-1-0 in their last five games and 6-4-0 in their last 10 games.
- Dayton is 13-6-4 in one-goal games, including 3-0 in overtime and 2-4 in shootouts.
- Storm's Nick
Parillo has team-leading six assists and seven points in seven games
- Yannick Tifu leads Bombers with 18 goals, 35 assists and 53 points.
Pensacola Ice Pilots (17-36-2) at Columbia Inferno (20-26-8) 7:05 p.m. ET
- Columbia leads the ECHL on the penalty kill at home with 88.3 percent (136-for-154).
- Pensacola is 92.6 percent (25-for-27) on the penalty kill in their last
- John Hecimovic leads the Ice Pilots with six goals and 10 points in six games against Columbia.
Augusta Lynx (30-22-3) at Florida Everblades (34-16-2) 7:30 p.m. ET
- Florida is seventh in the ECHL with 35 points (17-9-1) at home.
- Augusta ranks 10th in the ECHL on the power play with 16.8 percent
- Everblades' Craig
Kowalski is 5-0-0 with a 2.78 goals-against average in five games
- Lynx's Shane Hynes (4g-1a) and Brain Passmore (2g-3a) each have five points against Florida.
Phoenix RoadRunners (24-26-4) at Bakersfield Condors (31-13-8) 7:00 p.m. PT
- Bakersfield is tied for seventh in the ECHL on the power play with 17.4 percent (73-for-419).
- RoadRunners are 16-4-0 when leading after the second period.
Cincinnati Cyclones (28-20-4) at Fresno Falcons (28-20-4) 7:00 p.m. PT
- Fresno is on a three-game unbeaten streak and has eight points (4-1-0) in the last five games.
- Cincinnati leads the ECHL on the penalty kill with 88.5 percent
- Cyclones' Mike
Wirll is tied for the league lead with 36 goals.
- Falcons' Luke Curtin is on a seven-game point streak (3g-11a).
Idaho Steelheads (30-18-4) at Las Vegas Wranglers (30-10-11) 7:05 p.m. PT
- Idaho is currently on a four-game unbeaten streak and is 8-1-1 in the last 10 games.
- Las Vegas is fourth in the ECHL on the power play at home with 19.9
Galbraith leads Steelheads against Wranglers with six goals and 11
points in eight games.
- Wranglers' Derek
Edwardson has team-leading four goals, 11 assists and 15 points against
Watch Games Live on B2 Networks, the "Official Broadband Broadcast Provider" of the ECHL
Premier 'AA' Hockey League Fast Facts
* Affiliations with 25 of the 30 teams in the National Hockey League marking 10th consecutive season that the league has had affiliations with at least 20 teams in the NHL.
* 322 former ECHL players have played in NHL.
* 177 have played their first NHL game in the last five seasons.
* 98 former ECHL players have played in the NHL this season and all 30 teams have had a former ECHL player play for them.
* More than 100 players under contract to NHL teams have played in the ECHL this season.
* 19 ECHL players who have played their first NHL game this season: former Greenville and Richmond right wing Krys Barch (Dallas on Jan. 15), former Mississippi defenseman Sheldon Brookbank (Nashville on Feb. 6), former Reading goaltender Barry Brust (Los Angeles on Nov. 30), former Toledo center Matt Ellis (Detroit on Dec. 18), former Wheeling defenseman Drew Fata (New York Islanders on Feb. 4), former Reading defenseman Jeff Finger (Colorado on Feb. 20), former Bakersfield and Reading goaltender Yutaka Fukufuji (Los Angeles on Jan. 13), former Charlotte defenseman Daniel Girardi (New York Rangers on Jan. 27), former Long Beach goaltender Jaroslav Halak (Montreal on Feb. 18), former Trenton goaltender Martin Houle (Philadelphia on Dec. 13), former Alaska left wing D.J. King (St. Louis on Oct. 5), former Florida center Drew Larman (Florida on Nov. 13), former Florida defenseman Martin Lojek (Florida on Feb. 3), former Toledo goaltender Joey MacDonald (Detroit on Oct. 19), former Pensacola center Kris Newbury (Toronto on Dec. 23), former Augusta right wing Pierre Parenteau (Chicago on Feb. 7), former Columbia right wing Jesse Schultz (Vancouver on Nov. 28), former ECHL All-Star goaltender Mike Smith (Dallas on Oct. 21) and former Augusta goaltender Mike Wall (Anaheim on Nov. 26).
* Record 47 former ECHL players played their first NHL game in 2005-06.
* ECHL has been represented on last six Stanley Cup champions.
* Two NHL head coaches (Peter Laviolette & Jim Playfair) and 9 assistant coaches have ECHL experience.
* Affiliations with 24 of the 27 teams in the American Hockey League.
* ECHL has been represented on last 17 Calder Cup champions.
* ECHL has affiliations with 24 of the 27 teams in the American Hockey League and for the past 17 years there has been an ECHL player on the Calder Cup Champion.
* 86 players under contract to AHL teams have played in the ECHL this season.
* For each of the past four seasons, the ECHL has had more players called up to the AHL than all other professional leagues combined with 1,646 call ups involving almost 1,000 players, including 2005-06 when there were 416 call ups involving 263 players.
* 2008 ECHL All-Star Game and Skills Competition will be hosted by Stockton Thunder, City of Stockton and Stockton Arena on Jan. 22-23, 2008.
* ECHL and its member teams contributed more than $2.3 million for charity and relief funds in 2005-06.
* Further information on the ECHL is available from its website at ECHL.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 27, 2007
- Condors Slip Past RoadRunners 5-4 In A Shootout - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Fresno Extra Special In 5-0 Win Over Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- MacDonald Stops 35 Shots for First Pro Shutout - Fresno Falcons
- Bombers soar over Toledo, 6-2 - Dayton Bombers
- Everblades in first place after 6-3 win over Augusta - Florida Everblades
- Ice Pilots fall to Inferno 5-4 in shootout - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Third period power play goals vault Everblades over Lynx - Augusta Lynx
- Community and Promotions Update - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Cyclones Receive Goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Constant recalled to Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Steelheads' Nesbitt Named In Glas Co Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Nesbitt named ECHL Player of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators "Salute to Atlanta Traffic" Jersey Auction a Success - Atlanta Gladiators
- McKenna named Goaltender of the Week - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Wranglers' McKenna Named Rbk Hockey Goalie Of The Week - ECHL
- Benson, Wellar may suit up for Peoria Thursday - Alaska Aces
- Condors Game Preview - Bakersfield Condors
- Atherton, Lascek and Smolenak recalled - Johnstown Chiefs
- Eight-Game Homestand Begins This Weekend - Stockton Thunder
- Charity Case to perform post-game concert March 17 - Charlotte Checkers
- ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna in Long Beach Wednesday - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Ice Pilots weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ice Pilots look for four wins in Columbia Tonight - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Book Em, Danno - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.