Third period power play goals vault Everblades over Lynx
Ft. Myers, FL - Three third period power play goals broke a tie game open and propelled the Florida Everblades past the Augusta Lynx 6-3 Tuesday night in Estero, FL.
Dave McKee stopped Vince Bellissimo on an early breakaway, but Bellissimo cashed in on his second opportunity of the period at 3:22 to give the Everblades a 1-0 lead.
With Florida's only power play opportunity of the period winding down, Dustin Johner ended up with a deflected pass on his stick in the slot and beat McKee under the crossbar to make it 2-0 in what would be an even strength goal from Jonathan Lehun and Derek Damon.
After a power play goal from Dustin Johner made it 3-0 in the second period, Augusta clawed its way back.
J.B. Bittner would score his 18th of the year and first since returning to the Lynx at 10:38 with a wrist shot from the high slot that beat Craig Kowalski over the left pad to make it 3-1. Brian Passmore collected the only assist on the goal.
At 14:30, with Augusta on the power play, Sean Blanchard fired the puck through traffic in front of the Everblades net, catching a tip off a Florida defender to beat Kowalski over the right shoulder and make it 3-2 at the break from Mike Erickson and Louis Goulet.
Passmore would then tie the game at 3-3 just 2:26 into the final frame when he took advantage of an Everblades giveaway on the right wing half wall, shooting the puck between the legs on Kowalski.
From there, the Everblades power play took over the game, scoring three straight goals from Chris Dyment, Brad Parsons, and Dyment once again for the 6-3 final.
Dave McKee finished the game with 21 saves in taking the loss, while Kowalski made 40 saves for the win.
The same two teams face off Friday night as Augusta returns home to the James Brown Arena at 7:35 pm. Tickets are on sale now by calling the Lynx office at (706) 724-4ICE, via all TicketMaster locations, and on line at www.TicketMaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 27, 2007
- Condors Slip Past RoadRunners 5-4 In A Shootout - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Fresno Extra Special In 5-0 Win Over Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- MacDonald Stops 35 Shots for First Pro Shutout - Fresno Falcons
- Bombers soar over Toledo, 6-2 - Dayton Bombers
- Everblades in first place after 6-3 win over Augusta - Florida Everblades
- Ice Pilots fall to Inferno 5-4 in shootout - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Third period power play goals vault Everblades over Lynx - Augusta Lynx
- Community and Promotions Update - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Cyclones Receive Goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Constant recalled to Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Steelheads' Nesbitt Named In Glas Co Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Nesbitt named ECHL Player of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators "Salute to Atlanta Traffic" Jersey Auction a Success - Atlanta Gladiators
- McKenna named Goaltender of the Week - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Wranglers' McKenna Named Rbk Hockey Goalie Of The Week - ECHL
- Benson, Wellar may suit up for Peoria Thursday - Alaska Aces
- Condors Game Preview - Bakersfield Condors
- Atherton, Lascek and Smolenak recalled - Johnstown Chiefs
- Eight-Game Homestand Begins This Weekend - Stockton Thunder
- Charity Case to perform post-game concert March 17 - Charlotte Checkers
- ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna in Long Beach Wednesday - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Ice Pilots weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ice Pilots look for four wins in Columbia Tonight - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Book Em, Danno - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.