Kehler reassigned to Fort Wayne, Villalta reassigned to Ontario
The Komets announced Tuesday that goaltender Cole Kehler has been reassigned by the NHL's L.A. Kings to Fort Wayne from the AHL's Ontario Reign, and goaltender Matthew Villalta has been reassigned by L.A. to Ontario from Fort Wayne.
Kehler is in his second pro season after logging 17 ECHL games with Manchester during his pro debut last year. Assigned to Fort Wayne at the start of the season, the Altona, Manitoba native started Fort Wayne's first three games of the season going 2-1-0 with a 3.37 goals-against average and .901 save percentage, before being reassigned to Ontario Oct. 20 where he has appeared in one game.
Villalta made his pro debut this season appearing in one AHL game with Ontario before being assigned to Fort Wayne Oct. 21. The Kingston, Ontario native appeared in eight games with the Komets posting a 4-3-1 record, 3.85 goals-against average and .864 save percentage.
The Komets are home this week for a pair of games this weekend. Friday the Komets host Toledo at 8:05pm and Saturday the Wheeling Nailers visit for a 7:35pm faceoff.
Single game tickets are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office. Discounted group ticket packages are also available at the Komet office at 1010 Memorial Way in Fort Wayne. Also on sale are Flex Tickets, perfect as gifts and can be redeemed for tickets to any regular season game. For more information call 260-483-0011 or visit Komets.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2019
- Helvig Stuns Rays with 48 Saves - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits Stun Stingrays on Tuesday - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Steelheads Return Home, Host Puck Giveaway & Keep Kids Warm - Idaho Steelheads
- Everblades Add Forwards Koper, Craggs to Roster - Florida Everblades
- Mariners to Hold Second Annual Sensory Reduced Game - Maine Mariners
- Americans Win First Meeting of the Season with KC - Allen Americans
- Dante Salituro Traded to Worcester - Indy Fuel
- Batman Night Saturday - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - November 19 - ECHL
- Mavericks Welcome Thousands of Students for Annual Kids Day Game - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cincinnati's Luukkonen Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Luukkonen Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Forward Laberge Reassigned to Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Former Gladiators Forward Returns - Atlanta Gladiators
- 'Clones Drop Matinee in Final Seconds - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Win on Goal with Five Seconds Left - Wheeling Nailers
- Kehler reassigned to Fort Wayne, Villalta reassigned to Ontario - Fort Wayne Komets
- K-Wings Achieve Guinness World Records Title - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Komets Acquire Veteran Defenseman Verpaelst
- Komets Hall of Fame to Expand; Emrick, Schrock to be Inducted into Class of 2020
- Komets Collect Two Points for Week 14; Visit Cincinnati Friday, Toledo Here Saturday
- Komets Announce Roster Moves
- Fort Wayne's St-Amant Named to All-Star Team