K-Wings Sign Forward Austin Farley from Top Swedish League
KALAMAZOO, MI - The Kalamazoo Wings, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Vancouver Canucks, announced Wednesday the club signed forward Austin Farley to a standard player contract. He is expected to play tonight as the K-Wings host the Florida Everblades and will wear jersey number 11.
Farley, 26, returns to North America after spending his first four professional season in Sweden. The Niles, Illinois native played each of the last two seasons in the top Swedish Hockey League (SHL), appearing in 52 games for Lulea HF. He previously recorded 47 points (24 goals, 23 assists) in 79 games between MODO Hockey and IF Bjorkloven of the Allsvenskan league in Sweden.
The 5-foot-8, 179-pound forward appeared in two American Hockey League games with the Lake Erie Monsters in 2016 after finishing a four-year college career at the University of Minnesota-Duluth, and skated in four ECHL playoff games with the Reading Royals that spring, recording two goals and an assist.
Kalamazoo returns to action tonight against the Florida Everblades at 7:00 p.m. at Wings Event Center in its first home game of 2020. The K-Wings are continuing their Wednesday "2-6-9 Night" tradition into 2020, featuring $2 beers and sodas, $6 wings baskets, and $9 tickets starting tonight. It's also "Winning Wednesday". If Kalamazoo wins, fans in attendance tonight can redeem their ticket stubs for a free ticket to the next Wednesday night home game.
Kalamazoo Wings 3-Packs are now available online! Reserve your tickets for the three biggest games in the best seats with the best eats. Visit kwings.com for more information about all the perks that come with a K-Wings 3-Pack!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 15, 2020
- Greenville Edges out Norfolk in Overtime Thriller - Norfolk Admirals
- MacPherson Scores in OT as Swamp Rabbits Nip Admirals - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Milner Stymies IceMen as Stingrays Win 4-0 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Glads Mauled by Solar Bears in 7-3 Defeat - Atlanta Gladiators
- Farley Impresses in Debut, But 'Blades Top Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Storm Past Jacksonville 4-0 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Drop Home Tilt against Mariners, 4-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- Ronning and Kile Each Score a Pair as Mariners Drown out Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Earn Sixteenth Straight Win at Mile One Centre - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mavs Go .500 on Road Trip After Loss in Newfoundland - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Sign Goaltender Arthur Brey Ahead of Tonight's Game - Idaho Steelheads
- Fuel Announce Roster Moves - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - January 15 - ECHL
- K-Wings Sign Forward Austin Farley from Top Swedish League - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Hall of Fame to Expand; Emrick, Schrock to be Inducted into Class of 2020 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Game Preview: Stingrays at IceMen, January 15, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Host Star Wars Night January 24 - Maine Mariners
- Flyers Reassign G Sandstrom to Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Be the First to Skate on the Outdoor Rink - Toledo Walleye
- Goaltender Tomas Sholl Earns First AHL Recall to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Grab Overtime Win over Utah - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.