Goaltender Tomas Sholl Earns First AHL Recall to Texas Stars
BOISE, Idaho - Goaltender Tomas Sholl has been recalled by the Texas Stars from the Idaho Steelheads ahead of tonight's game, Steelheads Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations Everett Sheen announced on Tuesday.
Sholl, 25, earns his first career AHL recall following 26 games with the Steelheads this season, boasting a 17-5-4 record with a 2.26 goals-against average and a .921 save percentage with three shutouts. The Hermosa Beach, Calif. leads the ECHL in wins and minutes played (1,567) while sitting second in saves (685), fourth in GAA and sixth in save pct., and he's earned three different ECHL Goaltender of the Week honors as well as ECHL Goaltender of the Month for October. He's earned two career monthly honors and owns the third-most weekly awards in ECHL history.
Since being acquired from the Adirondack Thunder on Feb. 28, 2018, the 6-foot, 180-pound goaltender has settled in the top-three among all major ECHL era franchise records, including sharing the lead for most shutouts (10), sitting second in wins (52), and holding third in GAA (2.10), save pct. (929), minutes (4,569), and saves (2,097). He was named to the 2019 ECHL All-Star Classic as well as 2018-19 All-ECHL 2nd Team and ECHL All-Rookie Team honors while leading the ECHL in save pct. (.926) and third in GAA (2.29). He was signed to a contract with AHL Texas on Jun. 18, 2019 and was invited to 2019 Dallas Stars Training Camp. In 84 career ECHL games, he owns a 57-17-8 record with a 2.10 GAA and .930 save pct. with 10 shutouts.
The Steelheads return to CenturyLink Arena tonight at 7:10 p.m. against the Tulsa Oilers. Tickets are available by going to idahosteelheads.com or calling the box office at 208-331-TIXS(8497).
The Hockey Starter Pack provides the benefits of the ultimate fan on the time you want! Call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080 to inquire about getting your pack as well as planning your next outing with single-game tickets, flex plans and season tickets. Stay connected to the Steelheads on idahosteelheads.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 15, 2020
- Greenville Edges out Norfolk in Overtime Thriller - Norfolk Admirals
- MacPherson Scores in OT as Swamp Rabbits Nip Admirals - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Milner Stymies IceMen as Stingrays Win 4-0 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Glads Mauled by Solar Bears in 7-3 Defeat - Atlanta Gladiators
- Farley Impresses in Debut, But 'Blades Top Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Storm Past Jacksonville 4-0 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Drop Home Tilt against Mariners, 4-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- Ronning and Kile Each Score a Pair as Mariners Drown out Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Earn Sixteenth Straight Win at Mile One Centre - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mavs Go .500 on Road Trip After Loss in Newfoundland - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Sign Goaltender Arthur Brey Ahead of Tonight's Game - Idaho Steelheads
- Fuel Announce Roster Moves - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - January 15 - ECHL
- K-Wings Sign Forward Austin Farley from Top Swedish League - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Hall of Fame to Expand; Emrick, Schrock to be Inducted into Class of 2020 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Game Preview: Stingrays at IceMen, January 15, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mariners Host Star Wars Night January 24 - Maine Mariners
- Flyers Reassign G Sandstrom to Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Be the First to Skate on the Outdoor Rink - Toledo Walleye
- Goaltender Tomas Sholl Earns First AHL Recall to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Grab Overtime Win over Utah - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.