IHeartMedia Philadelphia and Philadelphia Union Re-Sign Agreement for FOX Sports Radio "The Gambler" as Official Radio Broadcast Partner
PHILADELPHIA & CHESTER, Pa. - iHeartMedia Philadelphia and Philadelphia Union today announced they have signed a two-year agreement making FOX Sports Radio The Gambler the official radio broadcast partner of the Philadelphia Union through 2022. The first live broadcast begins on April 18, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. ET when the Philadelphia Union return to play in the Major League Soccer regular season against Columbus Crew SC. Union games will be available via 102.5 FM, 104.5 HD2, the iHeart App and 1480 AM.
"Renewing our agreement with iHeartMedia and The Gambler solidifies the continued growing fan interest in Philadelphia to watch, attend and listen to the Union whether it be in person or via television, digital streams or radio broadcast," Doug Vosik, Philadelphia Union Chief Marketing Officer. "With the network of iHeart stations in Philadelphia promoting the Union, we have a great partner to help us continue to grow our brand."
"After the most successful season in franchise history, which you heard every minute of right here on The Gambler, it's another chance to raise our game! Everyone at The Gambler is thrilled to once again bring you the best Union soccer coverage for the 2021 season," said Sean Brace, The Gambler Program Director. "We will have more dedicated segments, live broadcasts, and new voices on the station. I think we all can agree that there's unfinished business on the pitch, and we'll be all over it for every Union fan out there. So download the iHeartRadio app and never miss a minute of Union soccer this season on the Gambler!"
Major League Soccer season will begin for the Union on April 18 at 5:30 p.m. ET on the road against the defending MLS Cup champs, Columbus Crew SC, followed by their regular season home opener vs. Inter Miami CF at 8:00 p.m. ET. The Union begin the MLS regular season after a successful first round of the Concacaf Champions League tournament and a historic 2020 Supporters' Shield winning season. For a full schedule, please visit: https://www.philadelphiaunion.com/schedule/matches
Coverage will be led by Program Director and Daily Ticket host Sean Brace, Union beat-writer, Joe Tansey, evening host Jon Jansen along with a new addition for the 2021 season, Kevin Kinkead from CrossingBroad.com. For the last Five seasons, Joe and Sean have covered all things MLS and the Philadelphia Union on the Union Soccer Podcast, paving the way for exemplary Union coverage the way no other local outlet has been able to do. For more information, listeners can visit the station's website FOX Sports Radio The Gambler and social media platforms via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @foxphlgambler.
FOX Sports Radio, The Gambler presented by Cure Auto Insurance is the ultimate destination for Sports Talk in the Philadelphia community and broadcasts on 1480 AM, 102.5 FM (translator W273DO) and 104.5 HD2. Listeners can also tune in on the devices they use the most via the iHeartRadio app.
FOX Sports Radio, The Gambler features FOX Sport's compelling and entertaining brand of Sports Talk programming including "The Herd with Colin Cowherd," "The Dan Patrick Show," "Outkick the Coverage with Clay Travis," "The Daily Ticket" hosted by Sean Brace and "What are the Odds" with Eytan Shander and the "Line Change" with Jon Jansen.
iHeartMedia is the leading media outlet in the Philadelphia market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia's free all-in-one digital music, podcasting and live streaming radio service - with more than 2 billion app downloads and more than 130 million registered users.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 16, 2021
- Earthquakes Drop Opener to Houston Dynamo FC, 2-1 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo FC Open Season with 2-1 Win over San Jose - Houston Dynamo FC
- LAFC Hosts Austin FC in 2021 Season Opener Saturday, April 17 at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- LAFC and Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Los Angeles FC
- Toronto FC Sign Defender Luke Singh - Toronto FC
- Inter Miami CF Exercises Offseason Buyout on Matías Pellegrini - Inter Miami CF
- Inter Miami CF Exercise Offseason Buyout on Matias Pellegrini - MLS
- Timbers Open Quarterfinals of 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League vs. Club AmÉrica on April 28 at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Finalizes Roster Ahead of 2021 Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York Red Bulls Introduce Ally Melendez as In-Stadium Host - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF to Kick off 2021 Season at Home against the LA Galaxy - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Loans Efrain Morales to ATL UTD 2 - Atlanta United FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Midfielder Yordy Reyna Placed on Injured List - D.C. United
- Open Cup Committee Determines 2021 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Will Not be Held this Spring - Colorado Rapids
- Austin FC Sign Defender Aedan Stanley and Goalkeeper William Pulisic - Austin FC
- New York Opens 26th MLS Season against Sporting KC at RBA - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting Opens Season Saturday at Red Bulls - Sporting Kansas City
- Rapids Kick off 2021 Season at FC Dallas on Saturday - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire FC Partner with Local Artist Sentrock for Limited-Edition Merchandise and Art Collection - Chicago Fire FC
- Atlanta United signs Rocco Ríos Novo to Short Term Agreement - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Sign Former Black-And-Red Standout Andy Najar - D.C. United
- Timbers Acquire $225,000 in General Allocation Money from FC Cincinnati - Portland Timbers
- IHeartMedia Philadelphia and Philadelphia Union Re-Sign Agreement for FOX Sports Radio "The Gambler" as Official Radio Broadcast Partner - Philadelphia Union
- FC Cincinnati Acquire International Roster Spot from the Portland Timbers - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC Announces Roster for 2021 Season Opener - Minnesota United FC
- New England Revolution Open 2021 MLS Season Saturday at Chicago Fire FC - New England Revolution
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Opens Its 2021 MLS Campaign against FC Cincinnati - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer to Provide More Than 50,000 Tickets to Frontline and Essential Workers During 2021 Season - MLS
- Inter Miami CF Signs Defender Sami Guediri from Fort Lauderdale CF - Inter Miami CF
- Two Earthquakes Players Obtain Green Cards - San Jose Earthquakes
- MSG Networks Announces 2021 New York Red Bulls Telecast Schedule - New York Red Bulls
- Whitecaps FC Team up with MNP for a Strategic Sponsorship - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Acquire Defender Antonio Alfaro - D.C. United
- #DALvCOL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Inter Miami CF to Kick off 2021 Season with New Facebook and Instagram AR Filter - Inter Miami CF
- 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals Schedule Confirmed - Philadelphia Union
- Quarterfinals Schedule Announced for 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League - Atlanta United FC
- Year 2 of the Pareja Era Set to Begin this Saturday - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City Opens 2021 MLS Season against Atlanta United FC - Orlando City SC
- New York Red Bulls Further Partnerships with Jersey, Apparel Placements - New York Red Bulls
- Minnesota United FC at Seattle Sounders Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Army-Navy Cup IX Returns to Subaru Park on April 25 - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Andre Blake gets his 3rd clean sheet of the 2021 MLS regular season, Burke 2nd goal of the regular season proves to be the game winner
- Philadelphia Union Announces Updated Capacity and Safety Guidelines
- Philadelphia Union at Nashville SC Moved to Saturday, July 3 at 8 p.m. ET
- Przybylko scores his first goal of the MLS regular season in draw
- Philadelphia Union Sign Attacking Midfielder Daniel Gazdag