Toronto FC Sign Defender Luke Singh
Toronto FC announced today that the club has signed defender Luke Singh as a Homegrown Player through 2025. Singh becomes the 26th player in club history to sign for the first team from the Toronto FC Academy.
"Luke is a talented young player, and we are excited to add him to the first team. He joined our club beginning with the academy, and then he progressed to TFC II. We began to integrate him more into the first team last year, and then this preseason he truly earned his MLS contract," said Toronto FC General Manager Ali Curtis. "His training and also performances in Concacaf Champions League were excellent. He has a bright future, and we are looking forward to his continued development."
Singh, 20, recently signed two short-term deals with Toronto FC to play the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League (SCCL) Round of 16 matches against Club Leon. He made his professional debut with Toronto FC when he came on in the 87th minute on April 7, 2021. The defender earned his first start for TFC in the 2-1 victory over Leon on April 14.
He joined Toronto FC II in March 2019 and was sent on loan to Danish football club Brøndby IF for the remainder of the 2019 season. He made 24 appearances and scored two goals for Brøndby. Before joining the Young Reds, Singh spent two seasons with the Toronto FC Academy. During the 2018 season, he appeared in 10 matches with the Toronto FC Academy U-18/U-19 team, registering one goal. Singh originally joined the Toronto FC Academy in January 2017.
Internationally, Singh has represented Trinidad & Tobago at the youth level at the Concacaf U-20 Championship.
TRANSACTION: Toronto FC signed defender Luke Singh as a Homegrown Player through 2025.
Weight: 170 lbs.
Birthdate: September 12, 2000 (Age - 20)
Birthplace: Brampton, ON
Last Club: Toronto FC II
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 16, 2021
- Earthquakes Drop Opener to Houston Dynamo FC, 2-1 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo FC Open Season with 2-1 Win over San Jose - Houston Dynamo FC
- LAFC Hosts Austin FC in 2021 Season Opener Saturday, April 17 at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- LAFC and Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Los Angeles FC
- Toronto FC Sign Defender Luke Singh - Toronto FC
- Inter Miami CF Exercises Offseason Buyout on Matías Pellegrini - Inter Miami CF
- Inter Miami CF Exercise Offseason Buyout on Matias Pellegrini - MLS
- Timbers Open Quarterfinals of 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League vs. Club AmÉrica on April 28 at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Finalizes Roster Ahead of 2021 Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York Red Bulls Introduce Ally Melendez as In-Stadium Host - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF to Kick off 2021 Season at Home against the LA Galaxy - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Loans Efrain Morales to ATL UTD 2 - Atlanta United FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Midfielder Yordy Reyna Placed on Injured List - D.C. United
- Open Cup Committee Determines 2021 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Will Not be Held this Spring - Colorado Rapids
- Austin FC Sign Defender Aedan Stanley and Goalkeeper William Pulisic - Austin FC
- New York Opens 26th MLS Season against Sporting KC at RBA - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting Opens Season Saturday at Red Bulls - Sporting Kansas City
- Rapids Kick off 2021 Season at FC Dallas on Saturday - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire FC Partner with Local Artist Sentrock for Limited-Edition Merchandise and Art Collection - Chicago Fire FC
- Atlanta United signs Rocco Ríos Novo to Short Term Agreement - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Sign Former Black-And-Red Standout Andy Najar - D.C. United
- Timbers Acquire $225,000 in General Allocation Money from FC Cincinnati - Portland Timbers
- IHeartMedia Philadelphia and Philadelphia Union Re-Sign Agreement for FOX Sports Radio "The Gambler" as Official Radio Broadcast Partner - Philadelphia Union
- FC Cincinnati Acquire International Roster Spot from the Portland Timbers - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC Announces Roster for 2021 Season Opener - Minnesota United FC
- New England Revolution Open 2021 MLS Season Saturday at Chicago Fire FC - New England Revolution
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Opens Its 2021 MLS Campaign against FC Cincinnati - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer to Provide More Than 50,000 Tickets to Frontline and Essential Workers During 2021 Season - MLS
- Inter Miami CF Signs Defender Sami Guediri from Fort Lauderdale CF - Inter Miami CF
- Two Earthquakes Players Obtain Green Cards - San Jose Earthquakes
- MSG Networks Announces 2021 New York Red Bulls Telecast Schedule - New York Red Bulls
- Whitecaps FC Team up with MNP for a Strategic Sponsorship - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Acquire Defender Antonio Alfaro - D.C. United
- #DALvCOL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Inter Miami CF to Kick off 2021 Season with New Facebook and Instagram AR Filter - Inter Miami CF
- 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals Schedule Confirmed - Philadelphia Union
- Quarterfinals Schedule Announced for 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League - Atlanta United FC
- Year 2 of the Pareja Era Set to Begin this Saturday - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City Opens 2021 MLS Season against Atlanta United FC - Orlando City SC
- New York Red Bulls Further Partnerships with Jersey, Apparel Placements - New York Red Bulls
- Minnesota United FC at Seattle Sounders Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Army-Navy Cup IX Returns to Subaru Park on April 25 - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.