Chicago Fire FC Partner with Local Artist Sentrock for Limited-Edition Merchandise and Art Collection
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC has teamed up with Chicago street artist Joseph Perez, best known as Sentrock, to create a capsule collection that includes custom designed soccer balls for the Club's P.L.A.Y.S. program, a limited-edition signed screen print, a matchday flag and a series of apparel pieces that will launch later in the year.
For images of the merchandise and art collection click here.
To debut the collection, the Fire and Sentrock distributed 1,000 custom-designed soccer balls to all 40 Chicago Public Schools that are partners with the Chicago Fire Foundation's P.L.A.Y.S. Program (Participate, Learn, Achieve, Youth, Soccer).
"I'm really proud to partner with the Chicago Fire and the Chicago Fire Foundation for this collection," said Sentrock. "What the Club is doing in our communities is really important, so designing a soccer ball for Chicago Public School students is special because it will reach the students directly. I hope the design inspires kids to share their voice and express themselves, whether through art or on the soccer field."
Sentrock's signature bird-mask on a human figure -- his most recognizable declaration -- is featured prominently on the ball. He describes his bird-mask as analogous to humanity: a person who is able to find or escape to their freedom by placing them in a different reality. The self-taught street artist chose a red, blue and orange color palate, adding the P.L.A.Y.S. logo, plus custom artwork inspired by the program.
Sentrock's early work was developed from graffiti writing in Mexican-American neighborhoods. Through his work, he has become a catalyst for his community. His work presents undertones of hope, freedom and expression, while encapsulating his background, history, upbringing, as well as empathy and compassion for his community.
A total of 200 screen prints signed by Sentrock will be available for purchase next week. The limited-edition print includes a number of signature Sentrock-designed characters, Soldier Field, the L-train and the words "HOME" hidden across the front of the print. All proceeds from the sale of the screen prints will benefit the Chicago Fire Foundation.
In addition, all fans in attendance at the Home Opener on Saturday, April 17, will have the opportunity to receive a custom-designed flag by Sentrock, which will be one of three flags given to fans as a free giveaway. Fans will be encouraged to wave their flags at player procession, after Fire goals and at the final whistle when the Fire secure three points.
Sentrock is currently serving as a member of the Stand for Chicago Council, a group of six Chicagoans who are supporting development of the Club's new primary crest.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 16, 2021
- Earthquakes Drop Opener to Houston Dynamo FC, 2-1 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo FC Open Season with 2-1 Win over San Jose - Houston Dynamo FC
- LAFC Hosts Austin FC in 2021 Season Opener Saturday, April 17 at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- LAFC and Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Los Angeles FC
- Toronto FC Sign Defender Luke Singh - Toronto FC
- Inter Miami CF Exercises Offseason Buyout on Matías Pellegrini - Inter Miami CF
- Inter Miami CF Exercise Offseason Buyout on Matias Pellegrini - MLS
- Timbers Open Quarterfinals of 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League vs. Club AmÉrica on April 28 at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Finalizes Roster Ahead of 2021 Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York Red Bulls Introduce Ally Melendez as In-Stadium Host - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF to Kick off 2021 Season at Home against the LA Galaxy - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Loans Efrain Morales to ATL UTD 2 - Atlanta United FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Midfielder Yordy Reyna Placed on Injured List - D.C. United
- Open Cup Committee Determines 2021 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Will Not be Held this Spring - Colorado Rapids
- Austin FC Sign Defender Aedan Stanley and Goalkeeper William Pulisic - Austin FC
- New York Opens 26th MLS Season against Sporting KC at RBA - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting Opens Season Saturday at Red Bulls - Sporting Kansas City
- Rapids Kick off 2021 Season at FC Dallas on Saturday - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire FC Partner with Local Artist Sentrock for Limited-Edition Merchandise and Art Collection - Chicago Fire FC
- Atlanta United signs Rocco Ríos Novo to Short Term Agreement - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Sign Former Black-And-Red Standout Andy Najar - D.C. United
- Timbers Acquire $225,000 in General Allocation Money from FC Cincinnati - Portland Timbers
- IHeartMedia Philadelphia and Philadelphia Union Re-Sign Agreement for FOX Sports Radio "The Gambler" as Official Radio Broadcast Partner - Philadelphia Union
- FC Cincinnati Acquire International Roster Spot from the Portland Timbers - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC Announces Roster for 2021 Season Opener - Minnesota United FC
- New England Revolution Open 2021 MLS Season Saturday at Chicago Fire FC - New England Revolution
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Opens Its 2021 MLS Campaign against FC Cincinnati - Nashville SC
- Major League Soccer to Provide More Than 50,000 Tickets to Frontline and Essential Workers During 2021 Season - MLS
- Inter Miami CF Signs Defender Sami Guediri from Fort Lauderdale CF - Inter Miami CF
- Two Earthquakes Players Obtain Green Cards - San Jose Earthquakes
- MSG Networks Announces 2021 New York Red Bulls Telecast Schedule - New York Red Bulls
- Whitecaps FC Team up with MNP for a Strategic Sponsorship - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Acquire Defender Antonio Alfaro - D.C. United
- #DALvCOL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Inter Miami CF to Kick off 2021 Season with New Facebook and Instagram AR Filter - Inter Miami CF
- 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals Schedule Confirmed - Philadelphia Union
- Quarterfinals Schedule Announced for 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League - Atlanta United FC
- Year 2 of the Pareja Era Set to Begin this Saturday - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City Opens 2021 MLS Season against Atlanta United FC - Orlando City SC
- New York Red Bulls Further Partnerships with Jersey, Apparel Placements - New York Red Bulls
- Minnesota United FC at Seattle Sounders Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Army-Navy Cup IX Returns to Subaru Park on April 25 - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 2-0 to Philadelphia Union at Soldier Field
- Fire Return to Soldier Field to Host Philadelphia Union on Saturday
- Chicago Fire FC Drop 2-0 Result on the Road Versus New York Red Bulls
- Fire to Face New York Red Bulls at Red Bull Arena on Saturday
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 3-1 to Atlanta United FC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium