Hockey Fights Cancer Week Underway
Brandon, MB - The Brandon Wheat Kings along with Cancer Care Manitoba are excited to finalize plans for a pair of home games this week, all part of Hockey Fights Cancer Week.
Hockey Fights Cancer week is proudly presented by Vionell Holdings and will include several fundraising efforts for Cancer Care Manitoba as well as the family of Brandonite and former NHL'er Ryan White.
On Wednesday morning, our Hockey Fights Cancer Theme Sweater Jersey auction will go live on Dash Auctions. Fans can bid on the game worn sweater of their favorite player until midnight on Sunday February 27th.
The uniquely designed lavender sweaters were designed by Brooks Freeman Design in Virden, MB and feature names of family and friends of the Wheat Kings who have battled or continue to battle with cancer.
On Wednesday night, a lavender theme game worn Ridly Greig sweater will be raffled off, with all funds going to support Brandonite's Ryan and Sarah White and their son Gordie.
Last week, Gordie was diagnosed with an incurable brain tumor. DIPG is an aggressive form of brain cancer, most found in children ages 7-10. It has a 0% survival rate. To get more time with his loving family, Gordie will soon begin six weeks of radiation therapy.
On Friday night, the Wheat Kings will raffle off several items, including a game used loonie stick, a game worn sweater, autographed NHL Draft hats from Jake Chiasson and Vinny Iorio and a hockey accessory prize pack from Howie's Hockey Tape.
All funds raised on Friday night and through the online auction, will be donated to Cancer Care Manitoba.
About Cancer Care Manitoba
All funds donated to CancerCare Manitoba Foundation remain in Manitoba. These funds support CancerCare Manitoba's internationally recognized team of health professionals who provide outstanding care for patients and their families.
The Foundation's mission, in partnership with donors, is to support CancerCare Manitoba's strategic priorities. This year is the Foundation's 20th anniversary, a significant milestone marking two decades of investment and progress.
Thanks to the generosity of many donors, CancerCare Manitoba Foundation has been able to grant more than $125 million since 2000. This support to CancerCare Manitoba profoundly impacts patient outcomes.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2022
- Davies, King Score Twice as Broncos Down Pats 4-3 - Swift Current Broncos
- Winterhawks Weekly: Hawks Win 3 of 4 During Busy Week - Portland Winterhawks
- Rockets Win Third Straight, Top Americans - Kelowna Rockets
- Sourdif Leads Edmonton over ICE on Family Day - Winnipeg Ice
- Palmer Makes 35 Saves in 3-0 Shutout Win over Giants - Victoria Royals
- Giants Drop a 3-0 Home Decision Monday to Victoria - Vancouver Giants
- Broncos Hold on to Edge Pats 4-3 - Regina Pats
- Vitelli Strikes Twice as Raiders Down Tigers - Prince Albert Raiders
- Oil Kings Double-Up the ICE in a Family Day Matinee - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Broncos Edge Pats 4-3 - Regina Pats
- Access Communications Children's Fund and Brandt Team up for a $20,000 Donation to BBBS - Regina Pats
- Winnipeg ICE Launch 2022 Winnipeg ICE Hockey & Sports Camps - Winnipeg Ice
- Americans Take on Rockets for Family Day Matchup - Tri-City Americans
- Hockey Fights Cancer Week Underway - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Gameday Preview - February 21 vs Prince Albert - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Game 43 - ICE at Edmonton - Winnipeg Ice
- Pats Host Broncos in Family Day Contest at Brandt Centre - Regina Pats
- Winterhawks Wrap-Up Weekend on High Note, Beat Spokane 9-1 - Portland Winterhawks
- Chiefs Cap Road Trip with Crushing 9-1 Loss in Portland - Spokane Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.