Heat Sign Kyle Alexander to Two-Way Contract
MIAMI, FL - The Miami HEAT announced today that they have signed forward/center Kyle Alexander to a two-way contract. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Alexander, who was originally signed by the HEAT on July 15, 2019, has appeared in 23 games (21 starts) this season with Miami's G League affiliate, the Sioux Falls Skyforce, averaging 10.6 points, 9.1 rebounds, 2.17 blocks and 25.1 minutes while shooting 69.2 percent from the field. He leads the team in total rebounds (209), offensive rebounds (73), blocks (50) and double-doubles (7).
Alexander played all four seasons at Tennessee, finishing second on the school's all-time list in blocks, appeared in 37 games (all starts) as a senior and averaged 7.3 points, 6.6 rebounds, 1.73 blocks and 23.8 minutes while shooting 61.4 percent from the field and 42.9 percent (3-of-7) from three-point range. He helped the Vols advance to the Sweet 16 after recording 64 blocks on the season, the second-most for a single-season in school history while grabbing 96 offensive rebounds, the sixth-most in program history during a single campaign. Additionally, he started 105 games during his collegiate career, becoming just the 13th player in school history to start at least 100 games.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2020
- Warriors Defeat Wolves, 115-107 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wigginton Shines in Home Loss to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Hollins Impressive in Drive Road Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Ray Spalding Earns Gatorade Call-Up - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hornets Sign Ray Spalding - Greensboro Swarm
- Raptors Sign Paul Watson to a Two-Way Contract - Raptors 905
- Austin Spurs to Host The Dream Game on January 21 to Honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Austin Spurs
- NAZ Suns Acquire Matt Farrell in Trade with Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hornets Waive Robert Franks - Greensboro Swarm
- Cavaliers Sign Matt Mooney to Two-Way Contract - Canton Charge
- Matt Mooney Earns Hustle's First Gatorade Call-Up this Season - Memphis Hustle
- Heat Sign Kyle Alexander to Two-Way Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Nets to Honor Towns of Islip, Oyster Bay and Hempstead at Select Home Games in January - Long Island Nets
- Golden State and Santa Cruz Warriors Announce Roster Moves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Atlanta Hawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to College Park Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Stars Reacquire Guard Kyle Castlin - Salt Lake City Stars
- Phoenix Suns Call up NAZ Suns Forward Tariq Owens - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Sign Two-Way Player Chris Silva to NBA Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Esports Night with Cavs Legion Is this Friday - Canton Charge
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs 126-121 - Stockton Kings
- Austin Spurs Fall to Stockton Kings 126-121 on the Road - Austin Spurs
- Clippers Fizzle After Hot Start - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Heat Statement on NBA G League Season
- Miami Heat Two-Way Player Gabe Vincent Named NBA G League Most Improved Player
- Skyforce Releases Statements Regarding G League Cancellation
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory