Golden State and Santa Cruz Warriors Announce Roster Moves
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The Golden State Warriors have signed guard Damion Lee to an NBA contract and have signed Marquese Chriss to a Two-Way contract, the team announced today.
Lee, who signed with the Warriors on a Two-Way contract on July 31, 2019, has appeared in 26 games (13 starts) with Golden State this season, averaging 12.3 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 26.8 minutes. Lee appeared in 62 games over two seasons (2017-19) with the Santa Cruz Warriors, including 24 games (all starts) as a Two-Way player last season, when he scored a team-high 20.3 points on 39.8 percent from three-point range to go along with 6.0 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.33 steals in 31.5 minutes per game. Lee, who also spent the 2018-19 season with the Warriors on a Two-Way contract, becomes the second player to have his Two-Way contract converted to a standard NBA contract by Golden State, joining Quinn Cook (2017-18).
Chriss, a 2016 first round pick out of the University of Washington, spent the first half of the season with the Golden State Warriors. Chriss appeared in 37 games (three starts) and averaged 7.4 points and 4.6 rebounds. A four-year NBA veteran, Chriss owns career averages of 7.5 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 18.9 minutes per contest over 234 career games (129 starts) with Phoenix, Houston, Cleveland and Golden State. Chriss will have 24 days of NBA service available.
The Santa Cruz Warriors take on the Iowa Wolves tonight at 5 p.m. PST. The Warriors will return to Kaiser Permanente Arena on Saturday, January 18, for a 7 p.m. PST tip against the Oklahoma City Blue. The first 1,500 fans will receive a Santa Cruz Warriors scarf courtesy of Mackenzies Chocolates.
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors 2019-20 NBA G League season, presented by Kaiser Permanente, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2020
- Warriors Defeat Wolves, 115-107 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wigginton Shines in Home Loss to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Hollins Impressive in Drive Road Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Ray Spalding Earns Gatorade Call-Up - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hornets Sign Ray Spalding - Greensboro Swarm
- Raptors Sign Paul Watson to a Two-Way Contract - Raptors 905
- Austin Spurs to Host The Dream Game on January 21 to Honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Austin Spurs
- NAZ Suns Acquire Matt Farrell in Trade with Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hornets Waive Robert Franks - Greensboro Swarm
- Cavaliers Sign Matt Mooney to Two-Way Contract - Canton Charge
- Matt Mooney Earns Hustle's First Gatorade Call-Up this Season - Memphis Hustle
- Heat Sign Kyle Alexander to Two-Way Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Nets to Honor Towns of Islip, Oyster Bay and Hempstead at Select Home Games in January - Long Island Nets
- Golden State and Santa Cruz Warriors Announce Roster Moves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Atlanta Hawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to College Park Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Stars Reacquire Guard Kyle Castlin - Salt Lake City Stars
- Phoenix Suns Call up NAZ Suns Forward Tariq Owens - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Sign Two-Way Player Chris Silva to NBA Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Esports Night with Cavs Legion Is this Friday - Canton Charge
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs 126-121 - Stockton Kings
- Austin Spurs Fall to Stockton Kings 126-121 on the Road - Austin Spurs
- Clippers Fizzle After Hot Start - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.