Stars Reacquire Guard Kyle Castlin
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, have reacquired guard Kyle Castlin via the available player pool. Castlin fills the roster spot that was opened when forward William Howard received a GATORADE call-up to the Houston Rockets on Dec. 27.
Castlin (6-4, 193, Xavier) was selected by the Salt Lake City Stars in the second round (45th overall) of the 2019 NBA G League Draft. The guard was a member of the Stars' training camp roster but was waived before the start of the season.
The Marietta, Ga., native appeared in 35 games (24 starts) for Xavier as a senior in 2018-19, averaging 4.3 points and 3.4 rebounds in 21.9 minutes. Castlin played his first three collegiate seasons at Columbia, where he appeared in 75 games (48 starts) and averaged 8.2 points and 3.5 rebounds in 22.6 minutes.
Castlin will wear No. 14 and will be available for tomorrow night's game at the Maine Red Claws (Boston Celtics affiliate), which tips off at 5 p.m. (MT) on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2020
- Warriors Defeat Wolves, 115-107 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wigginton Shines in Home Loss to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Hollins Impressive in Drive Road Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Ray Spalding Earns Gatorade Call-Up - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hornets Sign Ray Spalding - Greensboro Swarm
- Raptors Sign Paul Watson to a Two-Way Contract - Raptors 905
- Austin Spurs to Host The Dream Game on January 21 to Honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Austin Spurs
- NAZ Suns Acquire Matt Farrell in Trade with Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hornets Waive Robert Franks - Greensboro Swarm
- Cavaliers Sign Matt Mooney to Two-Way Contract - Canton Charge
- Matt Mooney Earns Hustle's First Gatorade Call-Up this Season - Memphis Hustle
- Heat Sign Kyle Alexander to Two-Way Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Nets to Honor Towns of Islip, Oyster Bay and Hempstead at Select Home Games in January - Long Island Nets
- Golden State and Santa Cruz Warriors Announce Roster Moves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Atlanta Hawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to College Park Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Stars Reacquire Guard Kyle Castlin - Salt Lake City Stars
- Phoenix Suns Call up NAZ Suns Forward Tariq Owens - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Sign Two-Way Player Chris Silva to NBA Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Esports Night with Cavs Legion Is this Friday - Canton Charge
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs 126-121 - Stockton Kings
- Austin Spurs Fall to Stockton Kings 126-121 on the Road - Austin Spurs
- Clippers Fizzle After Hot Start - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- Salt Lake City Stars Shine Bright against NBA G League Ignite
- Scott's Big Night Not Enough for Salt Lake City Stars
- Elijah Hughes Leads Salt Lake City Stars Past Austin Spurs
- Salt Lake City Stars Outdueled in Shootout Loss to Canton Charge
- Santa Cruz Warriors Clip Salt Lake City Stars in Overtime Thriller