Hollins Impressive in Drive Road Win
COLLEGE PARK, GA - The Grand Rapids Drive (14-11) snapped College Park's (15-11) four-game win streak on Wednesday night behind a solid defensive performance that caused 23 turnovers. Tonight's matchup was a potential playoff preview as both teams are currently in the playoff picture with College Park sitting at the 4-seed and Grand Rapids sitting at the 6-seed in the Eastern Conference.
Drive guard Tra-Deon Hollins had himself quite the night as he gpt the start after Pistons two-way guard Jordan Bone remained up with Detroit. Hollins finished with a dynamic 11 points, 16 assists, 7 rebounds & 5 steals. Devon Baulkman came off the bench to lead the Drive with 16 points, while going 4-8 from the three-point line. Pistons two-way player Louis King racked up a solid 13 points and 6 rebounds. Other Drive players to finish in double figures were Dakarai Allen (11 points), Adam Woodbury (10 points, 7 rebounds & 2 steals) and Todd Withers (10 points).
Michigan State product Nick Ward led the Skyhawks in scoring, tallying up a big double-double with 22 points & 18 rebounds. Jordan Sibert followed up with 19 points, 5 rebounds & 2 steals. Atlanta's two-way player Charles Brown Jr. racked up an additional 16 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists & 2 blocks. Other Skyhawks in double figures were Cat Barber (11 points, 5 rebounds & 2 steals) and Armoni Brooks (11 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals & 2 blocks).
The first half was intense for both teams, resulting in the lead changing nine times and the score being tied six times. The Drive's momentum in the second half translated to the visiting team dominating on defense by racking up 17 teams steals compared to nine for the Skyhawks. In addition, the Drive found their groove offensively from the extra possessions, accumulating a total of 29 assists compared to College Park's 17.
The Skyhawks will hit the road and head to Washington, DC to take on Capital City Go-Go on Friday night. The Drive will head back to Grand Rapids to get ready to host the Blue Coats at the DeltaPlex Arena on Friday night. Tip-off for both games is at 7 p.m.
Highlights:Full Game >>> https://bit.ly/2TDb8GL
Box Score >>> https://on.nba.com/3adco9d
Tra-Deon Hollins (11pts, 16ast, 7reb & 5stl) >>> https://bit.ly/374hT8o
Devon Baulkman (16pts, 3reb & 4 3PM) >>> https://bit.ly/3aa9zG5
Louis King (13pts & 6reb) >>> https://bit.ly/2u35Mto
Dakarai Allen (11pts) >>> https://bit.ly/38eRVPl
Todd Withers (10pts) >>> https://bit.ly/2uNZz4U
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2020
- Warriors Defeat Wolves, 115-107 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wigginton Shines in Home Loss to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Hollins Impressive in Drive Road Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Ray Spalding Earns Gatorade Call-Up - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hornets Sign Ray Spalding - Greensboro Swarm
- Raptors Sign Paul Watson to a Two-Way Contract - Raptors 905
- Austin Spurs to Host The Dream Game on January 21 to Honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Austin Spurs
- NAZ Suns Acquire Matt Farrell in Trade with Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hornets Waive Robert Franks - Greensboro Swarm
- Cavaliers Sign Matt Mooney to Two-Way Contract - Canton Charge
- Matt Mooney Earns Hustle's First Gatorade Call-Up this Season - Memphis Hustle
- Heat Sign Kyle Alexander to Two-Way Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Nets to Honor Towns of Islip, Oyster Bay and Hempstead at Select Home Games in January - Long Island Nets
- Golden State and Santa Cruz Warriors Announce Roster Moves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Atlanta Hawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to College Park Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Stars Reacquire Guard Kyle Castlin - Salt Lake City Stars
- Phoenix Suns Call up NAZ Suns Forward Tariq Owens - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Sign Two-Way Player Chris Silva to NBA Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Esports Night with Cavs Legion Is this Friday - Canton Charge
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs 126-121 - Stockton Kings
- Austin Spurs Fall to Stockton Kings 126-121 on the Road - Austin Spurs
- Clippers Fizzle After Hot Start - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Drive Stories
- Grand Rapids Drive Opt out of 2020-21 NBA G League Season
- Hall and Hollins Earn All-NBA G League Honors
- Drive, Griffins, Whitecaps and WMSC Unite as "One Team for West Michigan"
- Drive Set to Donate to Local Organizations
- Drive Statement on NBA G League Suspension