Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs 126-121
Stockton, Calif. - The Stockton Kings (15-9), the NBA G League affiliate of the Sacramento Kings, beat the Austin Spurs (15-10), the NBA G League affiliate of the San Antonio Spurs, by a score of 126-121. Austin forward Keldon Johnson had a game-high 30 points. Stockton center Eric Mika scored 26 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in tonight's win.
Stockton started the game outscoring Austin 13-2. In the second quarter, Stockton went 11-of-16 (.688 percent) from the field and saw their biggest lead, up by 15, at the seven-minute mark of the second quarter, leading Austin 47-32.
The first half ended with Stockton ahead 62-57, with Mika scoring 21 of his 26 points, shooting 10-of-11 from the field and grabbing seven rebounds.
Stockton entered the third quarter with a 12-point lead, which was chipped away as Austin Spurs forward Johnson scored 12 of his 30 points during the quarter.
In the fourth quarter, Austin cut Stockton's lead down to as little as one point with just under five minutes remaining in regulation, with the score 109-108. Free throws by Mika and guard Isaiah Canaan gave Stockton a five-point lead with 26.6 seconds remaining. Stockton would keep the lead.
Mika led Stockton in scoring with 26 points, shooting 12-of-15 from the field and grabbing 11 rebounds with eight coming from the defensive end. Canaan, who scored 20 points in the second half, ended the night with 24 points, four rebounds and three assists.
For the Austin Spurs, Johnson had a double-double with a game-high 30 points, shooting 12-of-21 from the field and snagging 11 rebounds. Center Chimezie Metu added 21 points and 11 rebounds.
The Stockton Kings will be back in action at home on Friday, January 17 for Kings Collide Night. The Stockton Kings will wear special throwback Sacramento Kings theme jerseys that fans can bid on after the game. All proceeds will benefit the YMCA of San Joaquin County. The first 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a free t-shirt.
Tickets can be purchased at StocktonKings.com/Tickets.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2020
- Warriors Defeat Wolves, 115-107 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wigginton Shines in Home Loss to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Hollins Impressive in Drive Road Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Ray Spalding Earns Gatorade Call-Up - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hornets Sign Ray Spalding - Greensboro Swarm
- Raptors Sign Paul Watson to a Two-Way Contract - Raptors 905
- Austin Spurs to Host The Dream Game on January 21 to Honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Austin Spurs
- NAZ Suns Acquire Matt Farrell in Trade with Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hornets Waive Robert Franks - Greensboro Swarm
- Cavaliers Sign Matt Mooney to Two-Way Contract - Canton Charge
- Matt Mooney Earns Hustle's First Gatorade Call-Up this Season - Memphis Hustle
- Heat Sign Kyle Alexander to Two-Way Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Nets to Honor Towns of Islip, Oyster Bay and Hempstead at Select Home Games in January - Long Island Nets
- Golden State and Santa Cruz Warriors Announce Roster Moves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Atlanta Hawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to College Park Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Stars Reacquire Guard Kyle Castlin - Salt Lake City Stars
- Phoenix Suns Call up NAZ Suns Forward Tariq Owens - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Sign Two-Way Player Chris Silva to NBA Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Esports Night with Cavs Legion Is this Friday - Canton Charge
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs 126-121 - Stockton Kings
- Austin Spurs Fall to Stockton Kings 126-121 on the Road - Austin Spurs
- Clippers Fizzle After Hot Start - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Stockton Kings Season Update
- Stockton Kings to Host and Participate in Holiday Efforts to Benefit Local Students and Families
- Stockton Kings Reflect on Successes of 2019-20 Season Following NBA G League Canceling Remainder of Games Due to COVID-19
- In this Together: 209 Strong
- Sacramento Kings Issue Statement on NBA Suspending Season