Cavaliers Sign Matt Mooney to Two-Way Contract
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Cavaliers have signed guard Matt Mooney to a Two-Way contract, Cavaliers General Manager Koby Altman announced today.
Mooney (6-2, 199) has played in 24 games (22 starts) this season for the Memphis Hustle of the NBA G League, averaging 12.6 points, 3.2 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 1.7 steals in 30.0 minutes per contest. The Chicago native went undrafted in the 2019 NBA Draft after leading Texas Tech University to the school's first-ever NCAA Final Four with averages of 11.3 points, 3.1 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.8 steals in 31.0 minutes over 38 games (all starts) as a senior. Prior to his lone season with the Red Raiders, Mooney spent his sophomore and junior seasons at South Dakota and his freshman campaign at Air Force.
The Cavaliers' roster now stands at 17, including two Two-Way players.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2020
- Warriors Defeat Wolves, 115-107 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wigginton Shines in Home Loss to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Hollins Impressive in Drive Road Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Ray Spalding Earns Gatorade Call-Up - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hornets Sign Ray Spalding - Greensboro Swarm
- Raptors Sign Paul Watson to a Two-Way Contract - Raptors 905
- Austin Spurs to Host The Dream Game on January 21 to Honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Austin Spurs
- NAZ Suns Acquire Matt Farrell in Trade with Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hornets Waive Robert Franks - Greensboro Swarm
- Cavaliers Sign Matt Mooney to Two-Way Contract - Canton Charge
- Matt Mooney Earns Hustle's First Gatorade Call-Up this Season - Memphis Hustle
- Heat Sign Kyle Alexander to Two-Way Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Nets to Honor Towns of Islip, Oyster Bay and Hempstead at Select Home Games in January - Long Island Nets
- Golden State and Santa Cruz Warriors Announce Roster Moves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Atlanta Hawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to College Park Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Stars Reacquire Guard Kyle Castlin - Salt Lake City Stars
- Phoenix Suns Call up NAZ Suns Forward Tariq Owens - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Sign Two-Way Player Chris Silva to NBA Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Esports Night with Cavs Legion Is this Friday - Canton Charge
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs 126-121 - Stockton Kings
- Austin Spurs Fall to Stockton Kings 126-121 on the Road - Austin Spurs
- Clippers Fizzle After Hot Start - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Canton Charge Stories
- Cavs, Monsters & Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement
- Charge Launch Virtual 5K to Benefit Akron-Canton Foodbank
- NBA G League and Canton Charge Statements on 2019-20 Season Cancellation
- Canton Charge Statement - March 12, 2020
- Canton Charge to Play Remaining Home Games without Fans in Attendance