Austin Spurs to Host The Dream Game on January 21 to Honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
AUSTIN, Texas - The Austin Spurs, presented by SWBC, today announced that the team will host "The Dream Game" in partnership with Thrivent on Tuesday, Jan. 21 at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park when the Spurs take on the Oklahoma City Blue at 7:30 p.m. The game will honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., along with other prominent figures in African American history. The team will wear special-themed jerseys featuring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. that will be signed and auctioned off with net proceeds benefiting Huston-Tillotson University Athletics. Fans will be able to cast their bids from now until 9 p.m. on Jan. 21. Fans can text "Spurs" to 52182 to register for the auction.
The first 500 fans will receive Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.-themed T-shirts courtesy of Thrivent, and the arena will be decorated with posters of prominent figures in African American history.
As part of Huston-Tillotson/Spurs Week, Huston-Tillotson students and staff will attend the game, where they will have the opportunity to participate in an arena tour and pregame mixer with Spurs staff. Huston-Tillotson athletes will receive an on-court recognition, and the university's cheerleaders and National Panhellenic Council will perform at halftime.
The team will also be hosting a children's book drive at the game, and all books collected will be donated to Windermere and Sims Elementary Schools on Jan. 23 for National Reading Day.
For tickets or more information, visit austinspurs.com or call (512) 236-8333.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2020
- Warriors Defeat Wolves, 115-107 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wigginton Shines in Home Loss to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Hollins Impressive in Drive Road Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Ray Spalding Earns Gatorade Call-Up - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hornets Sign Ray Spalding - Greensboro Swarm
- Raptors Sign Paul Watson to a Two-Way Contract - Raptors 905
- Austin Spurs to Host The Dream Game on January 21 to Honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Austin Spurs
- NAZ Suns Acquire Matt Farrell in Trade with Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hornets Waive Robert Franks - Greensboro Swarm
- Cavaliers Sign Matt Mooney to Two-Way Contract - Canton Charge
- Matt Mooney Earns Hustle's First Gatorade Call-Up this Season - Memphis Hustle
- Heat Sign Kyle Alexander to Two-Way Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Nets to Honor Towns of Islip, Oyster Bay and Hempstead at Select Home Games in January - Long Island Nets
- Golden State and Santa Cruz Warriors Announce Roster Moves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Atlanta Hawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to College Park Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Stars Reacquire Guard Kyle Castlin - Salt Lake City Stars
- Phoenix Suns Call up NAZ Suns Forward Tariq Owens - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Sign Two-Way Player Chris Silva to NBA Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Esports Night with Cavs Legion Is this Friday - Canton Charge
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs 126-121 - Stockton Kings
- Austin Spurs Fall to Stockton Kings 126-121 on the Road - Austin Spurs
- Clippers Fizzle After Hot Start - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Austin Spurs Name Matt Nielsen Head Coach and Tyler Self General Manager
- Atlanta Hawks Name Landry Fields as Assistant General Manager
- Texas Pro Sports Teams and Civic Organizations Unite with #TexasTeamUp Campaign to Encourage Voter Turnout in the Lone Star State
- Virtual Auditions for 2020-21 Spurs Hype Squad Begin Today with Open Submission Round
- Spurs Sports Academy to Host Virtual Basketball Camps for Young Athletes Starting July 13