NAZ Suns Acquire Matt Farrell in Trade with Spurs
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - The Northern Arizona Suns announced today they have acquired guard Matt Farrell in a trade with the Austin Spurs, in exchange for the returning player rights to guard/forward Peter Jok.
Farrell (6-1, 175 pounds) has played the last two years in the NBA G League, averaging 9.3 points, 5.4 assists and 3.1 rebounds in 25.6 minutes in 66 games (29 starts). This season for the Spurs, he's played in 21 games (12 starts), averaging 6.1 points, 3.8 assists and 2.8 rebounds.
In 2018-19, his rookie year with the Delaware Blue Coats, Farrell averaged 10.7 points, 6.2 assists and 3.3 rebounds in 45 games (17 starts). That season he tallied seven double-digit assist games, recording five double-doubles. League-wide, his 278 total assists were tied-ninth most in the league.
Farrell, 23, has played in the NBA Summer League the last two offseasons, first with the Miami Heat, and last summer with the Milwaukee Bucks. The Bridgewater, New Jersey, native played four years collegiately at Notre Dame. His best year came his senior season in 2017-18, in which he was named to the All-ACC Third Team after averaging 16.3 points, 5.5 assists and 2.4 rebounds in 31 games (all starts).
Jok played two years for the NAZ Suns from 2017-19. He averaged 10.7 points (40.2 3PT%, 82.2 FT%) and 3.7 rebounds in 70 games (33 starts).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2020
- Warriors Defeat Wolves, 115-107 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wigginton Shines in Home Loss to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Hollins Impressive in Drive Road Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Ray Spalding Earns Gatorade Call-Up - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hornets Sign Ray Spalding - Greensboro Swarm
- Raptors Sign Paul Watson to a Two-Way Contract - Raptors 905
- Austin Spurs to Host The Dream Game on January 21 to Honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Austin Spurs
- NAZ Suns Acquire Matt Farrell in Trade with Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hornets Waive Robert Franks - Greensboro Swarm
- Cavaliers Sign Matt Mooney to Two-Way Contract - Canton Charge
- Matt Mooney Earns Hustle's First Gatorade Call-Up this Season - Memphis Hustle
- Heat Sign Kyle Alexander to Two-Way Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Nets to Honor Towns of Islip, Oyster Bay and Hempstead at Select Home Games in January - Long Island Nets
- Golden State and Santa Cruz Warriors Announce Roster Moves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Atlanta Hawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to College Park Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Stars Reacquire Guard Kyle Castlin - Salt Lake City Stars
- Phoenix Suns Call up NAZ Suns Forward Tariq Owens - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Sign Two-Way Player Chris Silva to NBA Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Esports Night with Cavs Legion Is this Friday - Canton Charge
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs 126-121 - Stockton Kings
- Austin Spurs Fall to Stockton Kings 126-121 on the Road - Austin Spurs
- Clippers Fizzle After Hot Start - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.