Austin Spurs Fall to Stockton Kings 126-121 on the Road
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Austin Spurs (15-10), presented by SWBC, fell to the Stockton Kings (15-9) by a final score of 126-121 on the road Tuesday night.
San Antonio Spurs assignee Keldon Johnson led all scorers with 30 points to go along with 11 rebounds in 34 minutes. Spurs assignee Chimezie Metu recorded 21 points, 14 rebounds and 7 blocks in 34 minutes.
Quinndary Weatherspoon put up 17 points in 33 minutes for the Spurs. Dedric Lawson contributed 16 points and 6 rebounds in 27 minutes, while Jeff Ledbetter added 14 points in 18 minutes.
The Kings began the game on an 8-0 run and ended the first quarter up 33-23. Stockton held onto the lead for the remainder of the contest, despite the Spurs outscoring the Kings 34-29 in the second quarter and 34-32 in the fourth quarter. Austin came within three points (124-121) with 3.2 seconds left in the game, but Isaiah Canaan sank two free throws to seal the victory for Stockton after being fouled by Lawson.
For Stockton, Eric Mika led the team with 26 points and 11 rebounds in 31 minutes. Canaan posted 24 points in 27 minutes in the team's win.
Up next, the Austin Spurs return home on Tuesday, Jan. 21 to face the Oklahoma City Blue at 7:30 p.m. CT. For tickets or the full season schedule, visit austinspurs.com .
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2020
- Warriors Defeat Wolves, 115-107 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wigginton Shines in Home Loss to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Hollins Impressive in Drive Road Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Ray Spalding Earns Gatorade Call-Up - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hornets Sign Ray Spalding - Greensboro Swarm
- Raptors Sign Paul Watson to a Two-Way Contract - Raptors 905
- Austin Spurs to Host The Dream Game on January 21 to Honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Austin Spurs
- NAZ Suns Acquire Matt Farrell in Trade with Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hornets Waive Robert Franks - Greensboro Swarm
- Cavaliers Sign Matt Mooney to Two-Way Contract - Canton Charge
- Matt Mooney Earns Hustle's First Gatorade Call-Up this Season - Memphis Hustle
- Heat Sign Kyle Alexander to Two-Way Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Nets to Honor Towns of Islip, Oyster Bay and Hempstead at Select Home Games in January - Long Island Nets
- Golden State and Santa Cruz Warriors Announce Roster Moves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Atlanta Hawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to College Park Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Stars Reacquire Guard Kyle Castlin - Salt Lake City Stars
- Phoenix Suns Call up NAZ Suns Forward Tariq Owens - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Sign Two-Way Player Chris Silva to NBA Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Esports Night with Cavs Legion Is this Friday - Canton Charge
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs 126-121 - Stockton Kings
- Austin Spurs Fall to Stockton Kings 126-121 on the Road - Austin Spurs
- Clippers Fizzle After Hot Start - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Spurs Sports Academy Teams up with Ballogy to Launch Virtual Basketball Workouts and Competitions
- Statement from SS&E CEO RC Buford
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers
- Austin Spurs Defeat Oklahoma City Blue 117-114
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 117-114 in Overtime