Green Bay Travels to La Crosse for Weekend Set
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah head to Copeland Park to take on the La Crosse Loggers as they look to continue their hot streak.
The Booyah, 16-18 on the year, come in following a two-game sweep of Rockford and a shutout win last night. In the 4-0 win, Green Bay was led by dominance on the rubber from starter Garrett Martin and reliever Cam Bailey. The two pitchers combined for all nine innings on the mound, and struck out 11 total hitters on the evening. The Booyah also were helped by the long ball on Friday night, with both Nadir Lewis and Nick Kreutzer hitting their third home runs of the year.
So far, this season, Green Bay has been led by shortstop Andy Blake at the plate. The Columbia freshman has played in all 34 games during the 2020 year, and leads the Booyah in hits with 33 and stolen bases with 13. Blake has also hit three home runs, including two against the Loggers, and driven in 11 runs.
La Crosse comes into the weekend set with a 16-20 overall record, and coming in off a 15-3 victory over the Woodchucks at Athletic Park last night. The Booyah and Loggers have split the first four meetings between the two sides, with two more games coming next week at Capital Credit Union Park. La Crosse currently sits nine games back of Wisconsin Rapids for first in the West division.
First pitch from Copeland Park is set for 6:05pm for the fifth meeting between Green Bay and La Crosse this season. The Booyah turn to left hander Jack Mahoney, who is making his seventh start in 2020. Mahoney currently holds a 1-3 record, with a 4.29 earned run average. The Appleton product will be facing La Crosse for the first time all year.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 8, 2020
- Dock Spiders Welcome New-Look Rivets to Fondy with 15-1 Win - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Howard's Homers Lift Honkers to Big Win - Rochester Honkers
- MoonDogs Bats Go Stale After Second, Honkers Pull Away for Weekend Win - Mankato MoonDogs
- Power Leads Rafters to Comeback Win over Woodchucks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Chucks Fall to Rafters After Tough Ninth Inning - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Bombers Drop All Three in Triple Header, as Long-Time Bomber Says Goodbye - Battle Creek Bombers
- Rox Beat Stingers Behind Stellar Pitching - St. Cloud Rox
- Growlers Sweep Tripleheader with Bombers, Tighten Their Grip on First Place in SW Pod Standings - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Mental Errors Cost Resorters - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rox Take Down Stingers Anchored by Starting Pitching - Willmar Stingers
- Buban Homers in 3-2 Kenosha Win - Kenosha Kingfish
- Rafters and Woodchucks Battle Saturday Night - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Travels to La Crosse for Weekend Set - Green Bay Booyah
- Loggers Offense Busts out in 15-3 Win over Woodchucks - La Crosse Loggers
- Spiders Sink Rafters in Commanding 13-0 Win - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rox Combine for Two-Hit Shutout in Win over Honkers - St. Cloud Rox
- Despite Result, Pitchers Duel Delights Mayo Field Crowd - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah to be Re-Named for Four Sunday Home Games in 2021
- Share the Glove - Booyah Seek Applicants for $2,000 Youth Baseball Grant
- Booyah Sign Pair of Trailblazer Brothers for 2021 Season
- Booyah Announce Four Returning Players for 2021
- Booyah Unveil Fleet Farm Flex Pack for 2021 Season