Goaltender Matt Jurusik Joins Steelheads
BOISE, Idaho - Goaltender Matt Jurusik has agreed to terms with the Idaho Steelheads for the 2020-21 season, Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Everett Sheen announced Thursday.
Jurusik, 23, joins the Steelheads after a two year collegiate stint with Michigan Tech University. In 57 games played, the 6-foot-2, 194-pound goaltender had a 2.28 GAA and a .917 save percentage.
"I'm very excited to play for the Steelheads with their history of success on the ice," said Jurusik. "I've heard nothing but great things about the city and the support we get from the fans."
Prior to playing at Michigan Tech, the La Grange, Illinois native played the 2014-15 season in the NAHL with the Janesville Jets in which he lead the league in wins, GAA, save percentage, and shutouts and was named to the NAHL All-Rookie First Team. Jurusik went on to play two seasons at the University of Wisconsin and one season in the USHL with the Sioux City Musketeers.
"We are excited for Matt to join our goaltending tandem this coming season." said Steelheads Head Coach Everett Sheen. "He is a strong competitor and is willing to do whatever it takes to win. He has a proven track record in college and we are looking for him to transition that into his professional hockey career."
Matt Jurusik is the 16th player announced for the 2020-21 season and second goaltender joining Jake Kupsky.
Forwards (9): A.J. White, Zach Walker, Will Merchant, Colby McCauley, Kyle Marino, Cody Fowlie, Zack Andrusiak, Brett Supinski, and Calder Brooks
Defensemen (5): Evan Wardley, Jeff King, Matt Stief, Kenton Helgesen, and Darren Brady
Goaltenders (2): Jake Kupsky and Matt Jurusik
Season tickets for the 2020-21 season are now available! Call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080 to plan your seats for next season. Stay connected to the Steelheads throughout the offseason on idahosteelheads.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 15, 2020
- Goaltender Matt Jurusik Joins Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Announce December Home Game Dates - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Announce First Portion of 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Announces Schedule to Start Season - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Announce First 10 Games of 2020-21 ECHL Season - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Announce Schedule for First 10 Games of 2020-21 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceMen Announce Initial Schedule for the 2020-21 Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Fuel Announce Schedule for First Nine Games - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays to Open 2020-21 Season in North Charleston on December 11 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 2020-21 Utah Grizzlies First Month Schedule Released - Utah Grizzlies
- Nailers Announce First Ten Games of 2020-21 Season - Wheeling Nailers
- Oilers Announce Phase One Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Announces Initial Schedule for 2020-21 Season - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Releases Initial 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Initial Schedule for 2020-21 Season - ECHL
- Hildebrand Signs on for Third Year in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Solar Bears Welcome AdventHealth as New Rink Naming Rights Partner - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Goaltender Matt Jurusik Joins Steelheads
- ECHL Confirms Start Date for 2020-21 Season
- Forward Calder Brooks and Defenseman Darren Brady Join Steelheads
- Idaho Central Arena: New Name, New Updates Coming to Downtown Boise
- Forward Brett Supinski Returns to Steelheads