Nailers Announce First Ten Games of 2020-21 Season
WHEELING, WV - The Wheeling Nailers, proud ECHL affiliate, are excited to announce their first ten games of the 2020-21 season.
The Nailers are one of 13 ECHL teams who will begin the season in December and play a full 72-game campaign. The remaining teams will play a 62-game schedule beginning in January, with standings decided by points percentages.
Wheeling begins its 29th season with a home game against its Central Division rival, the Indy Fuel. That game will be played at WesBanco Arena on Saturday, December 12th at 7:05. Indy is the most popular opponent for the Nailers in their first ten games, as the teams will clash three times in Wheeling and twice at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. The Nailers won four of six games against the Fuel last season and own a 17-14 edge in the all-time series.
The second opponent on the docket is the Orlando Solar Bears, who make a two-game visit to Nail City on Friday, December 18th and Saturday, December 19th, with both games starting at 7:05. Wheeling and Orlando split their two-game series a year ago.
Four straight tilts with the Fuel follow the quick holiday break, with the Nailers playing at home on Sunday, December 27th at 4:05 and Thursday, December 31st at 6:05 for their annual New Year's Eve game.
Finally, Wheeling will conclude the opening ten games of the season with a three-game road trip. The Nailers will face Andrew Lord and his Greenville Swamp Rabbits on Wednesday, January 6th, before a weekend pair against the South Carolina Stingrays on Friday, January 8th and Saturday, January 9th.
Season memberships are available for the 2020-21 season. To purchase yours or to get more information, visit wheelingnailers.com or call (304) 234-GOAL. The Wheeling Nailers, considered one of the top things to do in Wheeling, West Virginia, provide affordable family entertainment for fans throughout the Ohio Valley.
2020-21 First Ten Games
Sat. Dec. 12 vs. Indy, 7:05
Fri. Dec. 18 vs. Orlando, 7:05
Sat. Dec. 19 vs. Orlando, 7:05
Sat. Dec. 26 at Indy, 7:05
Sun. Dec. 27 vs. Indy, 4:05
Thu. Dec. 31 vs. Indy, 6:05
Sat. Jan. 2 at Indy, 7:05
Wed. Jan. 6 at Greenville, 7:05
Fri. Jan. 8 at South Carolina, 7:05
Sat. Jan. 9 at South Carolina, 6:05
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 15, 2020
- Goaltender Matt Jurusik Joins Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Announce December Home Game Dates - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Announce First Portion of 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Announces Schedule to Start Season - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Announce First 10 Games of 2020-21 ECHL Season - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Announce Schedule for First 10 Games of 2020-21 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceMen Announce Initial Schedule for the 2020-21 Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Fuel Announce Schedule for First Nine Games - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays to Open 2020-21 Season in North Charleston on December 11 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 2020-21 Utah Grizzlies First Month Schedule Released - Utah Grizzlies
- Nailers Announce First Ten Games of 2020-21 Season - Wheeling Nailers
- Oilers Announce Phase One Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Announces Initial Schedule for 2020-21 Season - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Releases Initial 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Initial Schedule for 2020-21 Season - ECHL
- Hildebrand Signs on for Third Year in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Solar Bears Welcome AdventHealth as New Rink Naming Rights Partner - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.