Fuel Announce Schedule for First Nine Games
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs, announced Thursday their schedule for the first month of the 2020-21 season. The first weekend of the season will begin December 11 with a Friday night matchup against the Kanas City Mavericks at Indiana Farmers Coliseum followed by a 7pm puck drop against the Wheeling Nailers at WesBanco Arena on December 12.
Coming off of a shortened season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Fuel will return in 2020 with a 72-game schedule, 36 of the games coming at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Under the ECHL split-season guidelines, the following 13 teams will begin a 72-game season on December 11th - Allen, Florida, Greenville, Indy, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Orlando, Rapid City, South Carolina, Tulsa, Utah, Wheeling and Wichita.
Additionally, the remaining ECHL teams will begin their season on January 15, 2021, competing in a 62-game season upon jurisdictional approval.
In keeping with the past seasons, the Fuel will play the majority of their schedule against teams in the Midwest, opening the season against the Kansas City Mavericks. The Fuel will face the Mavericks twice in the first month of the season, once at home and once on the road. Indy will meet their Central Division rival Wheeling Nailers five times (2 home, 3 away) in December and January and finish off the first nine games hosting the Greenville Swamp Rabbits on January 8 and January 9.
Ticket Plans for the seventh season are now on sale! Lock up your seat for every second of the action in 2020-21 at Indiana Farmers Coliseum by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the offseason.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 15, 2020
- Goaltender Matt Jurusik Joins Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Announce December Home Game Dates - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Announce First Portion of 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Announces Schedule to Start Season - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Announce First 10 Games of 2020-21 ECHL Season - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Announce Schedule for First 10 Games of 2020-21 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceMen Announce Initial Schedule for the 2020-21 Season - Jacksonville IceMen
- Fuel Announce Schedule for First Nine Games - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays to Open 2020-21 Season in North Charleston on December 11 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 2020-21 Utah Grizzlies First Month Schedule Released - Utah Grizzlies
- Nailers Announce First Ten Games of 2020-21 Season - Wheeling Nailers
- Oilers Announce Phase One Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Announces Initial Schedule for 2020-21 Season - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Releases Initial 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Initial Schedule for 2020-21 Season - ECHL
- Hildebrand Signs on for Third Year in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Solar Bears Welcome AdventHealth as New Rink Naming Rights Partner - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.