Giants Announce Complete 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule
Vancouver, B.C. - The Vancouver Giants in conjunction with the Western Hockey League have released their complete 2019-20 regular season schedule for their 19th season in the Western Hockey League. A complete month-by-month schedule of all 68 games (34 home, 34 away) can be downloaded and printed below.
On Friday, September 20th the Vancouver Giants kick off the 2019-20 season with the first of a Friday-Saturday double-header up north against their B.C. Division foes, the Prince George Cougars.
One week later the G-Men will take to the Langley Events Centre ice for their CIBC Home Opener on September 27th when they battle the Portland Winterhawks. Following a Saturday trip to Kamloops, the Giants will then be back on home ice Sunday, September 29th for a 4:00 PM showdown with the Kelowna Rockets.
In early October the Giants will embark on their longest road trip of the season: A six-game trek through the Prairies where they'll face the Brandon Wheat Kings (Oct. 4), Winnipeg Ice (Oct. 5), their 2019 WHL Championship rivals, the Prince Albert Raiders (Oct. 8), Saskatoon Blades (Oct. 9), Moose Jaw Warriors (Oct. 11) and Regina Pats (Oct. 12).
Some notable 2019-20 home dates for the Giants include:
CIBC Home Opener - Friday, September 27th vs. Portland Winterhawks (7:30 PM): The Giants will raise their 2019 BC Division and Western Conference championship banners to the rafters of the Langley Events Centre against St. Louis Blues prospect Joel Hofer and the Portland Winterhawks.
Trading Post Oktoberfest - Sunday, September 29th vs. Kelowna Rockets (4:00 PM): The Giants are once again teaming up with Trading Post and other local craft breweries to provide free beer tastings to fans 19-and-over in the Langley Events Centre Banquet Hall. It marks the first matchup of the season for the Giants against the 2020 Memorial Cup hosts, the Kelowna Rockets.
*Mini collectable BC Division and Western Conference Championship banners will be handed out to fans before both the Friday and Sunday games mentioned above.
Toy Drive & Santa Sings - Friday, December 6th vs. Spokane Chiefs (7:30 PM): Santa Claus will be in the building on Friday, December 6th when the Giants take to the ice against their Western Conference final rivals, the Spokane Chiefs. All fans are encouraged to bring new toys to donate to local children's charities throughout the Lower Mainland.
Chevrolet Teddy Bear Toss - Sunday, December 8th vs. Tri-City Americans (4:00 PM): One of the most highly anticipated games of the year features a Sunday afternoon showdown with Colorado Avalanche prospect Sasha Mutala and the Tri-City Americans. All fans in attendance are encouraged to bring brand new stuffed toys (and other winter donations) to the game and when the Giants score their first goal, all items are thrown onto the ice, gathered up and donated to several children's charities throughout the Lower Mainland.
'Viva Las Vegas' New Years Day Party - Wednesday, January 1st vs. Victoria Royals (2:00 PM): One of the very best WHL rivalries takes center stage on New Years Day 2020 when the Giants clash with their 2019 Round 2 playoff foes, the Victoria Royals. The Giants will look to strike it rich on the ice, and fans will have chances to do so off the ice as well. Don't forget your blue suede shoes!
C&D Logistics Family Day Matinee - Monday, February 17th vs. Seattle Thunderbirds (2:00 PM): Celebrate Family Day with the Vancouver Giants when they host their 2019 first-round playoff rivals the Seattle Thunderbirds for the first time. A wide variety of interactive family activities will be set up on the concourse prior to the 2:00 PM puck drop.
Chevrolet Fan Appreciation Night - Friday, March 20th vs. Kelowna Rockets (7:30 PM): The final Vancouver Giants regular season home game for the 2019-20 season also takes place against the 2020 Memorial Cup hosts from Kelowna. It will be an evening full of great prizes and celebration.
*A full list of upcoming events and sponsored promotions for the Vancouver Giants will be released in the weeks to come.
Home Game Breakdown by Month:
September - 2
October - 4
November - 5
December - 4
January - 7
February - 8
March - 4
Home Game Breakdown by Day of the Week:
Friday - 11
Sunday - 9
Saturday - 7
Wednesday - 3
Tuesday - 2
Monday - 1
Thursday - 1
Season ticket packages for the 2019-20 Vancouver Giants season are available now. Visit www.vancouvergiants.com/seasontickets to JOIN US!
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 26, 2019
- Seeley Named to Team Canada National Men's Summer Under-18 Selection Camp for Upcoming Hlinka Gretzky Cup Tournament - Everett Silvertips
- Silvertips Announce Full 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Everett Silvertips
- Pats to Pick Seventh Overall in 2019 CHL Import Draft Thursday - Regina Pats
- Kalinichenko Signs KHL Contract - Tri-City Americans
- 2019 CHL Import Draft Set for Thursday June 27 - Portland Winterhawks
- Broncos and Western Hockey League Announce Full 2019-20 Season Schedule - Swift Current Broncos
- Winnipeg ICE Forward Connor McClennon Named to National Men's Summer Under-18 Team Selection Camp - Winnipeg Ice
- 2019 CHL Import Draft Set for Thursday, June 27 - WHL
- Winterhawks Re-Sign Coaches Gustafson and Hay - Portland Winterhawks
- Coaches Ink Contract Extension - Portland Winterhawks
- Neighbours Invited to Team Canada Camp - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Gauthier Invited to Boston Bruins Development Camp - Prince George Cougars
- Wheat Kings to Select Two at CHL Import Draft - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Hockey Canada Names 16 WHL Players to National Men's Summer Under-18 Team Selection Camp - WHL
- Winterhawks Announce 2019-20 Schedule - Portland Winterhawks
- Winnipeg ICE Launch Online Store, 15% OFF All Items SITE WIDE - Winnipeg Ice
- Winnipeg ICE 2019-2020 Regular Season Schedule Announced - Winnipeg Ice
- 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule Unveiled - Saskatoon Blades
- Wheat Kings Unveil 2019-2020 WHL Schedule - Brandon Wheat Kings
- T-Birds Announce 2019-20 Schedule - Seattle Thunderbirds
- 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule Announced - Tri-City Americans
- Tigers Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Pats Cochran and Pritchard Named to Hockey Canada Staff for Hlinka Gretzky Cup - Regina Pats
- Justin Sourdif Named to Canada's Summer U-18 Selection Camp Roster - Vancouver Giants
- Cougars Release 2019-2020 Regular Season Schedule - Prince George Cougars
- Stringer Named to Canada U-17 Development Camp - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Rebels Release Schedule For 2019/2020 - Red Deer Rebels
- Jack Finley Invited to Hockey Canada Under-18 Camp - Spokane Chiefs
- Hurricanes Announce 2019-2020 Regular Season Schedule - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Rockets release 2019-20 regular season schedule - Kelowna Rockets
- Giants Announce Complete 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Vancouver Giants
- WHL Announces 2019-20 WHL Regular Season Schedule - WHL
- Pats Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Regina Pats
- Royals Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Victoria Royals
- Hitmen Announce 2019-20 WHL Regular Season Schedule - Calgary Hitmen
- 2019-20 Kamloops Blazers Schedule Released - Kamloops Blazers
- Oil Kings Announce Full 2019-20 WHL Schedule - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Bowen Byram to Make NHL Debut Tonight in Los Angeles
- Bowen Byram, Michael Dyck Earn Silver at 2021 World Juniors
- Bowen Byram and Dylan Cozens to Both Wear the "C" for Canada
- Bowen Byram Named An Alternate Captain for Team Canada
- Giants Acquire 2001-Born Defenceman Zachary Ashton