Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Growlers
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Newfoundland Growlers
VENUE: ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, Orlando, Fla.
DATE: Saturday, Nov. 24 at 7 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Mixlr
Star Wars Night - The Solar Bears take on the Growlers again as part of Kids Weekend, presented by First Watch. The game will feature Star Wars characters on the Amway Center concourse along with Star Wars-themed in-game entertainment.
FAIRWINDS Solar Bears Saturday - The first 100 FAIRWINDS members who show their FAIRWINDS debit or credit card and photo ID at the box office will receive a free pair of tickets to Saturday's game. Once the first 100 pairs are claimed, FAIRWINDS members can still take advantage of a buy-one-get-one offer for Saturday's game. For more information, visit fairwinds.org/solarbears.
WKMG-TV News 6 Angel Tree - Our friends at WKMG-TV News 6 will have an Angel Tree located in the Disney Atrium for tonight's game. Fans will have the opportunity to help News 6 and the Salvation Army spread holiday cheer and make sure children and seniors throughout Central Florida have gifts for the Christmas holiday.
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (8-7-2-0) wrap up their two-game weekend set with the Newfoundland Growlers (14-6-0-0). The Solar Bears dropped the first-ever meeting with the Growlers on Friday night. Orlando will look to close out its November schedule with an above .500 record, as the team currently sits at 4-4-2-0 for the month.
BOUNCING BACK: Over the past two seasons, the Solar Bears have responded positively following games in which the team had failed to score. Since the 2016-17 season, Orlando is 3-1-0-1 (.700) in regular season games after being shutout.
BOES PULLS DOUBLE-DUTY: After recording a new season-high of 38 saves in last night's game, rookie goaltender Corbin Boes will start again for Orlando tonight.
FIRST PERIOD OFFENSE KEY: The Solar Bears are 6-1-0-0 when scoring first this season, and Orlando possesses a +2 goal differential in the first period. Gaining a lead in the game's opening period will be essential to securing a win against the Growlers tonight, as Newfoundland is a league-leading 11-1-0-0 when scoring first.
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears host Alzheimer's Awareness Night, presented by Bioclinica Research and sponsored by Brown Builders Supply when they take on the Norfolk Admirals on Saturday, Dec. 1 at 7 p.m. During the game, the Solar Bears will wear specialty Alzheimer's Awareness jerseys, which will be auctioned off to help benefit the Alzheimer's and Dementia Resource Center. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets to this game - $5 of every ticket sold will benefit the Alzheimer's Association.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The Orlando Solar Bears are proud to have local digital printing experts XYMOPrint as the presenting sponsor of the 2018-19 season. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale. Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 24, 2018
- Sholl Blanks Rush in Rubber Match - Rapid City Rush
- LeBlanc Lifts Solar Bears Past Growlers in OT - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Ride Five Goal Third Period to Victory over Wings - Indy Fuel
- Everblades Pick up Point in Series Finale against Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Comeback Comes up Short in Final Seconds - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Finish off Sweep of Wichita on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Special Teams Shine as Admirals Sail Past Everblades in Overtime - Norfolk Admirals
- Signed Earlier Saturday, Royals Goalie Niedert Stuns Thunder, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Big Third Pushes Fuel Past K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- IceMen Pull Away Late, Top Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- IceMen Bear-Y Swamp Rabbits 5-1 on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Jacksonville IceMen
- Adirondack's Pressure Not Enough in 2-1 Loss to Reading - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Suffer First Overtime Loss - Newfoundland Growlers
- Nailers Rally, But Fall Short against Toledo, 4-3 - Wheeling Nailers
- Teddy Bears Fly in Second, Hats in Third as Mariners Pull off Stunning Comeback - Maine Mariners
- Mariners Battle Back for 6-4 Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Defenseman Josh Wesley Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Closes Holiday Weekend Tonight in Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - November 24 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Everblades at Admirals, November 24, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers vs. Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, November 24 - Wheeling Nailers
- Seventh Heaven: 'Blades Run Win Streak to Four with 7-3 Win - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Turn into Raccoons on Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Game Day: Rematch with Adirondack in New York - Reading Royals
- Cannata Gets 3rd Straight Shutout 5-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Day Capsule: Allen at Utah - Allen Americans
- Americans Shutout Again by Utah - Allen Americans
- Penguins Reassign John Muse to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Rush Blast Idaho to Force Another Rubber Match - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.