Everblades Pick up Point in Series Finale against Norfolk
NORFOLK, Va. - The Florida Everblades overcame four separate one-goal deficits to force overtime, but Taylor Cammarata scored on the power play 50 seconds into the extra session to give the Norfolk Admirals a 5-4 win on Saturday night at the Norfolk Scope.
In the final game of a seven-game road trip, Florida (9-5-3-0, 21 pts.) received goals from four separate sources to earn five of six possible points in the three-game series with Norfolk (10-7-0-1, 21 pts.).
Norfolk opened the scoring for the second straight night as Patrick D'Amico scored shorthanded 3:28 into the game. After starting the shorthanded rush, D'Amico found space in the left circle and fired a shot that beat Florida goaltender Jamie Phillips (27 saves) on his blocker side.
Florida quickly knotted the game at one, responding just 30 seconds later on that same power play. Tommy Thompson redirected Steven Lorentz's initial shot from the right wing to beat Norfolk netminder Ty Reichenbach for his second goal in as many days.
The Admirals tallied their second special teams goal of the game to secure the lead heading into the first intermission. Off a feed from Avery Peterson, John Gustafsson rifled a shot past Phillips from the edge of the left circle to make it a 2-1 game with 5:41 to play in the opening period.
Entering the second period down by one, the 'Blades scored twice in the middle frame to knot the game at three. Defenseman Derek Sheppard pulled Florida even five minutes, 42 seconds into the second on a shot from the left circle that knuckled past Reichenbach's blocker.
Norfolk then wrestled the lead back at the 12:12 mark of the frame. Domenic Alberga scored on a shorthanded breakaway, beating Phillips above the blocker with a snap shot from between the circles.
But Florida had a second response in the period, as Kyle Platzer scored his third goal in the last two games to make it 3-3. Joe Cox found Platzer in the left corner, and Platzer curled off the boards to the left circle and beat Reichenbach with 6:27 left in the middle stanza. That tally increased Platzer's goal streak to four games, a season-high for any 'Blades player.
Norfolk tallied on the power play at the 7:19 mark of the third to pull ahead by one again, but Florida answered once more to force overtime. Shane Walsh found the back of the net from the slot with 9:26 to go in the game to draw the score even at four. Walsh's goal was his second in three games since being acquired in a trade earlier this week.
Lorentz increased his point streak to five games with a two-assist game, his fifth multi-point game of the season. Cox's assist pushed his point streak to five games.
Single-game tickets for all regular season home games are on sale now!
Ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are still on sale! Become part of the Everblades Family with a Partial Season or a Flexible Voucher Package that fits your schedule and budget! All Ticket & Voucher Packages provide savings and special benefits!
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new ticket package for the 2018-19 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford's Garage and an Everblades T-Shirt!
Private Arena Tours are also available to select your 2018-19 season seats! Call the Everblades office at 239-948-7825 to schedule your tour today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 24, 2018
- Sholl Blanks Rush in Rubber Match - Rapid City Rush
- LeBlanc Lifts Solar Bears Past Growlers in OT - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Ride Five Goal Third Period to Victory over Wings - Indy Fuel
- Everblades Pick up Point in Series Finale against Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Comeback Comes up Short in Final Seconds - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Finish off Sweep of Wichita on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Special Teams Shine as Admirals Sail Past Everblades in Overtime - Norfolk Admirals
- Signed Earlier Saturday, Royals Goalie Niedert Stuns Thunder, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Big Third Pushes Fuel Past K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- IceMen Pull Away Late, Top Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- IceMen Bear-Y Swamp Rabbits 5-1 on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Jacksonville IceMen
- Adirondack's Pressure Not Enough in 2-1 Loss to Reading - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Suffer First Overtime Loss - Newfoundland Growlers
- Nailers Rally, But Fall Short against Toledo, 4-3 - Wheeling Nailers
- Teddy Bears Fly in Second, Hats in Third as Mariners Pull off Stunning Comeback - Maine Mariners
- Mariners Battle Back for 6-4 Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Defenseman Josh Wesley Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Closes Holiday Weekend Tonight in Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - November 24 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Everblades at Admirals, November 24, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers vs. Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, November 24 - Wheeling Nailers
- Seventh Heaven: 'Blades Run Win Streak to Four with 7-3 Win - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Turn into Raccoons on Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Game Day: Rematch with Adirondack in New York - Reading Royals
- Cannata Gets 3rd Straight Shutout 5-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Day Capsule: Allen at Utah - Allen Americans
- Americans Shutout Again by Utah - Allen Americans
- Penguins Reassign John Muse to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Rush Blast Idaho to Force Another Rubber Match - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.