Cannata Gets 3rd Straight Shutout 5-0
West Valley City, Utah - Joe Cannata gets his third consecutive shutout and Caleb Herbert scored 2 goals in the Utah Grizzlies 5-0 win over the Allen Americans at Maverik Center.
Cole Ully added 4 assists on the night, which is a season high among Utah skaters. Ully has 6 assists in his last 2 games. Matt Berry had 1 goal and 2 assists on the night for a Grizzlies team that has won 7 of their last 8 games. Berry has 8 goals in his last 6 games.
Utah took a 1-0 lead on Caleb Herbert's 15th goal of the season. Cannata stopped all 13 shots in the first period.
Utah scored 3 power play goals in the second period to break the game wide open. Matt Berry, Austin Carroll and Taylor Richart each had a power play assist for the number 1 power play unit in the league. Utah finished 3 for 7 on the power play. It was also another successful night for the Grizzlies on the penalty kill, going 4 for 4.
Utah is currently 4-1 on the homestand and have outscored the opposition 13-0 in his last 3 games. The final game of the weekend series is Saturday night at 7:00 pm. Utah is looking for a 3 game series sweep.
Grizzlies Notes: Josh Dickinson got an assist in his Grizzlies debut. Utah outshot Allen 39 to 35. Austin Carroll had a 10 game point streak come to an end on Wednesday night. Carroll scored a goal to get a point in 11 of his last 12 games. Cole Ully, Matt Berry and Caleb Herbert were each a plus-2 on the game.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 24, 2018
- Sholl Blanks Rush in Rubber Match - Rapid City Rush
- LeBlanc Lifts Solar Bears Past Growlers in OT - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Ride Five Goal Third Period to Victory over Wings - Indy Fuel
- Everblades Pick up Point in Series Finale against Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Comeback Comes up Short in Final Seconds - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Finish off Sweep of Wichita on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Special Teams Shine as Admirals Sail Past Everblades in Overtime - Norfolk Admirals
- Signed Earlier Saturday, Royals Goalie Niedert Stuns Thunder, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Big Third Pushes Fuel Past K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- IceMen Pull Away Late, Top Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- IceMen Bear-Y Swamp Rabbits 5-1 on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Jacksonville IceMen
- Adirondack's Pressure Not Enough in 2-1 Loss to Reading - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Suffer First Overtime Loss - Newfoundland Growlers
- Nailers Rally, But Fall Short against Toledo, 4-3 - Wheeling Nailers
- Teddy Bears Fly in Second, Hats in Third as Mariners Pull off Stunning Comeback - Maine Mariners
- Mariners Battle Back for 6-4 Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Defenseman Josh Wesley Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Closes Holiday Weekend Tonight in Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - November 24 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Everblades at Admirals, November 24, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers vs. Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, November 24 - Wheeling Nailers
- Seventh Heaven: 'Blades Run Win Streak to Four with 7-3 Win - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Turn into Raccoons on Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Game Day: Rematch with Adirondack in New York - Reading Royals
- Cannata Gets 3rd Straight Shutout 5-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Day Capsule: Allen at Utah - Allen Americans
- Americans Shutout Again by Utah - Allen Americans
- Penguins Reassign John Muse to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Rush Blast Idaho to Force Another Rubber Match - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.