Americans Shutout Again by Utah
Salt Lake City, Utah - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, were shutout for the second game in a row by the Utah Grizzlies. 5-0 was the final on Friday night as the Americans drop to 4-12-0-2 on the season.
The Americans got off to a fast start in the opening period outshooting the Grizzlies 7-0 over the first five minutes of the game, but things would turn quickly. The Grizzlies top line was dominant again as Caleb Herbert ripped one past Jeremy Brodeur for his 15th goal of the season. Herbert's linemate Cole Ully, setup Herbert for a one-timer from the left face-off-circle to put Utah up 1-0.
The Grizzlies would score three more times on the power play in the second period to put the game away. Utah was 3 for 7 with the man-advantage, while Allen was 0 for 4.
Utah's netminder Joe Cannata was perfect again stopping all 35 Allen shots on goal. That was his third shutout in a row with a 4-0 win over Indy last weekend and a 4-0 victory over Allen on Wednesday night. Allen has been shutout their last six periods of hockey and have only scored two goals total in their last three games.
"It's obviously very frustrating losing like this, but we have to trust the process and stay positive," said Americans Captain Joel Chouinard. "We're showing some really good things out there, but we can't keep making the same mistakes over and over, and it starts with me."
The Americans look to end their two-game skid tomorrow night as they wrap up a three-game series with the Utah Grizzlies. Puck drop is at 8:05 pm.
Americans Next Home Game
Friday, November 30th vs Wichita Thunder
Venue: Allen Event Center 7:05 pm
Images from this story
Allen Americans goaltender Jeremy Brodeur
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 24, 2018
- Sholl Blanks Rush in Rubber Match - Rapid City Rush
- LeBlanc Lifts Solar Bears Past Growlers in OT - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Ride Five Goal Third Period to Victory over Wings - Indy Fuel
- Everblades Pick up Point in Series Finale against Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Comeback Comes up Short in Final Seconds - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Finish off Sweep of Wichita on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Special Teams Shine as Admirals Sail Past Everblades in Overtime - Norfolk Admirals
- Signed Earlier Saturday, Royals Goalie Niedert Stuns Thunder, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Big Third Pushes Fuel Past K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- IceMen Pull Away Late, Top Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- IceMen Bear-Y Swamp Rabbits 5-1 on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Jacksonville IceMen
- Adirondack's Pressure Not Enough in 2-1 Loss to Reading - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Suffer First Overtime Loss - Newfoundland Growlers
- Nailers Rally, But Fall Short against Toledo, 4-3 - Wheeling Nailers
- Teddy Bears Fly in Second, Hats in Third as Mariners Pull off Stunning Comeback - Maine Mariners
- Mariners Battle Back for 6-4 Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Defenseman Josh Wesley Recalled to AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Closes Holiday Weekend Tonight in Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - November 24 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Everblades at Admirals, November 24, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers vs. Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, November 24 - Wheeling Nailers
- Seventh Heaven: 'Blades Run Win Streak to Four with 7-3 Win - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Turn into Raccoons on Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Game Day: Rematch with Adirondack in New York - Reading Royals
- Cannata Gets 3rd Straight Shutout 5-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Day Capsule: Allen at Utah - Allen Americans
- Americans Shutout Again by Utah - Allen Americans
- Penguins Reassign John Muse to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Rush Blast Idaho to Force Another Rubber Match - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Partner Classic of Texoma, Announces Big Donation to Toys for Tots
- Traditional Reds, New Whites Showcased in 2020-21 Season Sweaters
- Minnesota Wild Extends ECHL Affiliation Agreement with Allen Americans
- Former Americans Rookie of the Year Returns for 2020-2021 Season
- Americans Add Top-Two Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit