Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears at South Carolina Stingrays
VENUE: North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, S.C.
DATE: Sunday, Jan. 19 at 3:05 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Facebook, Mixlr, TuneIn and Lightning Power Play
TODAY: The Orlando Solar Bears (15-16-5-1) complete a six-game road trip with an afternoon matinee against the league-leading South Carolina Stingrays (30-5-3-1) for the ninth meeting of the 12-game head-to-head series. The Solar Bears opened the second half of the 2019-20 season last night in Jacksonville with a 3-1 loss to the Icemen, while the Stingrays are on a five-game winning streak, most recently a 4-2 win vs. Atlanta on Saturday.
CAMMARATA FITTING IN: Forward Taylor Cammarata had the lone goal for Orlando in Saturday night's loss at Jacksonville - the forward has produced a point in each of his three games (2g-1a) with the Solar Bears since his acquisition from Idaho earlier this week.
FIRST GOAL ESPECIALLY CRUCIAL: South Carolina leads the ECHL with 26 first goals this season; the club also has a league-leading 22 wins when scoring first. Getting the game's first goal will be imperative for Orlando for success against its division foe. However, the Solar Bears have been able to battle back from an early deficit against the Stingrays before - in Orlando's lone win of the season against South Carolina on Dec. 2, the Solar Bears rallied from 2-0 and 3-2 deficits before ultimately prevailing in a 4-3 OT win.
BOYD RETURNS TO LINEUP: After missing the past three games, defenseman Rich Boyd is expected to return to the lineup this afternoon. The rookie blueliner's four goals is tied with Michael Brodzinski for the team lead among defenseman.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT: Stingrays captian Andrew Cherniwchan has been instrumental in South Carolina's recent win streak, as the forward is enjoying a five-game point streak entering this afternoon's game. Cherniwchan has seven points (3g-4a) over his last five contests.
The Solar Bears return home to face the Jacksonville Icemen on Thursday, Jan. 23 for a Thirsty Thursday, presented by Coors Light - fans can take advantage of $5 domestic draft beers during the game.
Purchase tickets for Thursday, Jan. 23 vs. Jacksonville Icemen
Purchase Single-Game Tickets:
Single-game tickets for all Solar Bears home games are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and Ticketmaster. CLICK HERE to download the calendar for the 2019-20 season.
Order New Jerseys:
The Orlando Solar Bears will wear new jerseys for the 2019-20 season. An extremely limited quantity of replica jerseys are available for purchase online, with adult sizes available for $149.95 and youth sizes available for $109.95. Fans can visit bit.ly/OSBJerseys to place their order today.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 19, 2020
- Mackin and Power Play Smear Railers, 5-1 - Reading Royals
- Rush Fall in Finale against Cincinnati - Rapid City Rush
- Railers Skid Hits Three Games in 5-1 Loss in Reading - Worcester Railers HC
- Solar Bears Score Late to Edge Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Behind Lacouvee, Mariners Blank Beast - Maine Mariners
- Cyclones Head into All-Star Break with Series Win over Rush - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Beast Shutout as Mariners Avoid Weekend Sweep - Brampton Beast
- ECHL Transactions - January 19 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Game Notes: at Cincinnati - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Acquire G Tirone - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Furgele Dealt to Greenville - Maine Mariners
- Swamp Rabbits Acquire Furgele from Maine - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals and Railers Tangle for Sunday-Monday Set - Reading Royals
- Thunder Closes Western Swing with 3-1 Loss at Utah - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Weather Storm, Explode in Third to Defeat Idaho - Tulsa Oilers
- Controversial Third Period Dooms Rush against Cyclones - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Offense Explodes in 8-2 Win over Kansas City - Allen Americans
- Grizz Win 3-1 with Biggest Maverik Center Crowd of Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Walleye Rally to Defeat Komets in Shootout - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads Fall 3-1 in Home Weekend Finale Sellout to Oilers - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.