Beast Shutout as Mariners Avoid Weekend Sweep
BRAMPTON, ONTARIO - Connor LaCouvee made 27 saves as the Maine Mariners shutout the Beast 4-0 to avoid the sweep on Sunday afternoon.
The Brampton Beast welcomed the Maine Mariners to the CAA Centre for the third straight day. The Beast were coming off two straight wins and were hunting for the weekend sweep.
The Mariners would get on the board first with a goal through traffic from defenseman Brandon Crawley. He wound through traffic and fired the high shot over Andrew D'Agostini for a 1-0 Maine lead at 15:49.
The Mariners extended their lead with a power play goal from Sean Day later in the frame at 18:30. Brampton was down 2-0 after 20 minutes of play and would trail in shots by a score of 10-8.
The second period belonged to the Mariners as the away team added two more goals in the middle frame to extend their lead.
Jake Elmer got on the board at 9:59 and Ted Hart followed suit at 14:43 for a 4-0 Mariners lead heading into the second intermission. Shots on goal were 18-17 Brampton after two.
The third period saw no goals between the two clubs and Connor Lacouvee was solid on every Beast attempt as he preserved the win and the shutout. D'Agostini was tagged with the loss and made 18 saves.
Notes: Molson Three Stars 3) Day (MNE) 2) Elmer (MNE) 1) LaCouvee (MNE) The Beast finished the contest scoreless on five power play attempts. Maine went one-for-five. Brampton will be back in action this coming Friday when they travel to Glens Falls to face the Adirondack Thunder.
For more information or general media inquiries on the Brampton Beast please contact Anthony Fusco, Media Relations Coordinator at (905) 564-1684 or [email protected] The Brampton Beast will be bringing their exciting brand of ECHL hockey back to the CAA Centre next season. Don't miss a minute of the action! 2019-20 Memberships are now available, join the club!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 19, 2020
- Mackin and Power Play Smear Railers, 5-1 - Reading Royals
- Rush Fall in Finale against Cincinnati - Rapid City Rush
- Railers Skid Hits Three Games in 5-1 Loss in Reading - Worcester Railers HC
- Solar Bears Score Late to Edge Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Behind Lacouvee, Mariners Blank Beast - Maine Mariners
- Cyclones Head into All-Star Break with Series Win over Rush - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Beast Shutout as Mariners Avoid Weekend Sweep - Brampton Beast
- ECHL Transactions - January 19 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Game Notes: at Cincinnati - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Acquire G Tirone - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Furgele Dealt to Greenville - Maine Mariners
- Swamp Rabbits Acquire Furgele from Maine - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals and Railers Tangle for Sunday-Monday Set - Reading Royals
- Thunder Closes Western Swing with 3-1 Loss at Utah - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Weather Storm, Explode in Third to Defeat Idaho - Tulsa Oilers
- Controversial Third Period Dooms Rush against Cyclones - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Offense Explodes in 8-2 Win over Kansas City - Allen Americans
- Grizz Win 3-1 with Biggest Maverik Center Crowd of Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Walleye Rally to Defeat Komets in Shootout - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads Fall 3-1 in Home Weekend Finale Sellout to Oilers - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.