Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds
San Antonio Missions (79-57) at Nashville Sounds (63-71)
Game #137/Away Game #67
Thursday, August 29, 7:05 p.m.
First Tennessee Park
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Corbin Burnes (0-1, 8.31) vs. RHP Phillips Valdez (1-7, 5.13)
So You're Saying There's A Chance: With four games remaining in the regular season, the San Antonio Missions are still in contention to win their division but they will need some help to do so. Currently sitting three games back of Round Rock, the Missions will need to sweep the Nashville Sounds this weekend to have a chance to win the division. However, the Missions would need Omaha to sweep Round Rock in their four-game series. If the Missions and Express are tied after Monday's game, Round Rock owns the tiebreaker of head-to-head record: 10-6.
Taylor vs. Nashville: One of the players who could be crucial to the Missions success this weekend could be outfelder Tyrone Taylor. In eight games against Nashville this season he is batting .393 (11-for-28) with four runs, a home run, two doubles, and five RBI. He has hit safely in six of his eight games against Nashville including all four games he has played at Nashville in 2019.
Monthly Record: In last night's loss, Missions pitchers struck out seven batters giving them 270 strikeouts for the month of August This is a new season-high for most strikeouts in a month. The previous high was 269 in May. The have a chance to set another monthy high for stolen bases. Missions baserunners have swiped 24 bags this month while the monthly high this season is 27 in July.
*WHAT THEY'RE SAYING*
Missions Beat Writer (@BriggsMissions)
Thanks again to everyone on the @RRExpress front office and press box staff for their help the past four nights. @missionsmilb
Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy)
Jimmy Nelson and Brent Suter will be in the Brewers' first wave of September call-ups, Craig Counsell confirmed. They are on the IL so they'll be in Chicago tomorrow.
Ben Gamel Fan Club (@BenGamelFanClub)
Had to go see our guy play In Round Rock for the @missionsmilb
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 30, 2019
- Missions Elimated from Playoff Contention - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Win Series Opener Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Upended in Series Opener 3-1 - Memphis Redbirds
- Wisdom's Late Blast Lifts Sounds Past Missions - Nashville Sounds
- I-Cubs Clinch American Northern Division - Iowa Cubs
- 'Cakes Defeat OKC - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Omaha Blanks Round Rock 4-0 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Aviators Announce Season Awards for 2019 Campaign - Las Vegas Aviators
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (63-71) vs. San Antonio Missions (79-57) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Contreras to Begin Rehab Assignment with Iowa Tonight - Iowa Cubs
- Las Vegas Ballpark, Las Vegas Aviators Honored with Major Year-End Awards - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (68-68) at Iowa Cubs (72-64) - Memphis Redbirds
- Ty France Named 2019 PCL MVP - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 30, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- El Paso's France Named Most Valuable Player - PCL
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Facing Elimination from the Race - San Antonio Missions
- Fresno knocks off Tacoma 13-5 in series finale - Fresno Grizzlies
- Shaw powers River Cats to team's 12th division title - Sacramento River Cats
- Brugman Plates Four, Rainiers Drop Series Finale to Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Bees Power up Late to Top Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Comeback in the 9th to Win - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Rosters Announced for McCombs Ford West's High School Baseball Seniors Celebration at the Wolff
- Wolff Stadium to Host McCombs Ford West's HS Baseball Seniors Celebration
- San Antonio to Host 2020 Texas Collegiate League Team
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign
- Missions to Re-Air 2019 Home Opener as Part of #MiLBAtHomeOpener Initiative