Bees Comeback in the 9th to Win
The Salt Lake Bees rallied with four runs in the ninth inning to defeat the El Paso Chihuahuas in their final road game of the season on Thursday night.
El Paso took a 3-2 lead in the sixth and held it going into the ninth. Taylor Ward led off the inning with a single to center and Justin Bour crushed a 1-1 pitch over the centerfield wall with his 17th home run of the season to give the Bees a 4-3 lead. Jose Rojas made it back to back homers with a blast into the fourth level of the building in right field with his 31st of the season. Salt Lake would add an insurance run for a three run lead going into the bottom of the ninth. The Chihuahuas would get a pair of singles to bring the potential tying run to the plate, but Adalberto Mejia earned his first save, as he got Aderlin Rodriguez to ground into a force out to end the game.
Jake Jewell (4-4) pitched a scoreless eighth inning to get credited with the win. Starter Nick Tropeano went five innings and allowed just one run on six hits with four strikeouts and two walks. Bour led the Bees with two hits and two runs batted in, while Brennon Lund delivered his sixth straight two hit game, as he extended his hitting streak to seven games. With his solo homer, Rojas now leads the PCL with 107 runs batted in.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 30, 2019
- Missions Elimated from Playoff Contention - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Win Series Opener Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Upended in Series Opener 3-1 - Memphis Redbirds
- Wisdom's Late Blast Lifts Sounds Past Missions - Nashville Sounds
- I-Cubs Clinch American Northern Division - Iowa Cubs
- 'Cakes Defeat OKC - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Omaha Blanks Round Rock 4-0 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Aviators Announce Season Awards for 2019 Campaign - Las Vegas Aviators
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (63-71) vs. San Antonio Missions (79-57) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Contreras to Begin Rehab Assignment with Iowa Tonight - Iowa Cubs
- Las Vegas Ballpark, Las Vegas Aviators Honored with Major Year-End Awards - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (68-68) at Iowa Cubs (72-64) - Memphis Redbirds
- Ty France Named 2019 PCL MVP - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 30, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- El Paso's France Named Most Valuable Player - PCL
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Facing Elimination from the Race - San Antonio Missions
- Fresno knocks off Tacoma 13-5 in series finale - Fresno Grizzlies
- Shaw powers River Cats to team's 12th division title - Sacramento River Cats
- Brugman Plates Four, Rainiers Drop Series Finale to Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Bees Power up Late to Top Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Comeback in the 9th to Win - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ