Game Day Preview: Americans Host Rapid City, 2:05 PM
Allen, TEXAS - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Seattle Kraken (NHL), play the Rapid City Rush this afternoon in a one-game set. The American took two of three games against the Rush a couple weekends ago. The Americans are four points behind Rapid City in the Mountain Division but have four games in hand.
ALLEN AMERICANS TONIGHT:
PREGAME SHOW: 1:30 PM CST
PUCK DROP: 2:05 PM CST
WATCH LIVE: FLOHOCKEY.TV
LISTEN LIVE: AMERICANS 24/7
ON THE CALL: Tommy Daniels and Maurice Fitzgerald
Next Home Game: Sunday, December 12th, 4:05 pm. TICKETS
Last Game: The Allen Americans won the final game of the series in Idaho, with a 4-2-win last Saturday night. Chad Costello and Gavin Gould each had a four-point game. Francis Marotte made his return to the Americans lineup after being cleared from the Commissioner's Exempt List. Marotte stopped 25 of 27 Idaho shots to get the win. The Americans outscored the Steelheads 4-to-1 through the first 40 minutes of action. The Americans went 2-for-6 on the power play. Kris Myllari and Zach Hall each had a power play goal.
Asuchak Point Streak Ends: Allen Americans forward Spencer Asuchak saw his point streak come to an end at nine games. Asuchak had the puck on his stick in the final minute of play with a chance for an empty-net goal but fired the puck wide of the empty net. During his nine-game point streak, he had 13 points (5 goals and 8 assists).
Long time in between games: The Allen Americans have not played a game in eight days. Allen is tied with Tulsa for the fewest amount played in the division with 15. The Americans are four points behind 5th place Rapid City (19 points) but have played four fewer games. Today will be Allen's 16th game of the season.
Bibeau recalled by Seattle and assigned to Charlotte: Americans netminder Antoine Bibeau was recalled this week by the Seattle Kraken and assigned to the Charlotte Checkers (AHL). Bibeau is 2-0 with Allen with a 0.920 save percentage.
Kelly Bent Suspended: Americans forward Kelly Bent has been suspended by the team. Bent returned home after the Americans' three-game series in Idaho.
Comparing Allen and Rapid City:
Last 10: 3-6-1-0
Allen Americans Leaders:
Goals: (6) Chad Costello and Spencer Asuchak
Assists: (11) Chad Costello and Spencer Asuchak
Points: (17) Chad Costello and Spencer Asuchak
+/-: (+3) Darian Skeoch
PIM: (41) Darian Skeoch
Last 10: 4-4-0-2
Rapid City Leaders:
Goals: (10) Stephen Baylis
Assists: (15) Logan Nelson
Points: (22) Logan Nelson
+/-: (+1) Chase Harrison
PIM: (36) Garrett Klotz
Images from this story
Gavin Gould of the Allen Americans (right) vs. the Rapid City Rush
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 5, 2021
- Americans Fall to Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Three Power Play Goals Lift Walleye over Cyclones, 4-3 - Toledo Walleye
- Doremus' Five-Point Game Helps Oilers Snap League's Longest Streak - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Falls Short on Sunday in Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Ortiz Punctuates Weekend in Thrilling Fashion - Wheeling Nailers
- Rush Cruise Past Americans, 4-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Indy Picks up Point in Overtime Loss to Wheeling - Indy Fuel
- Rabbits Fall Short in Overtime to Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cherniwchan Can't be Stopped, Nets Game-Winner in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Take Care of Mariners to Extend Win Streak to Four Straight - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Fall 4-1 to Thunder for Second Straight Day - Maine Mariners
- Wichita Heads to Tulsa this Afternoon - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 5 - ECHL
- Game Notes: at Allen - Rapid City Rush
- IceHogs Recall Cliff Watson from the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Game Day Preview: Americans Host Rapid City, 2:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Wings Defeat Grizz 4-2 on Saturday Night - Utah Grizzlies
- Cyclones Drop 4-0 Game to Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Bradford Backs K-Wings to Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.