Game Day Preview: Allen at Kansas City, 7:05 PM
Independence, MO - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild (NHL), and Iowa Wild (AHL), face the Kansas City Mavericks this evening in the second game of a two-game series in KC. The Americans are 6-3-0 against Kansas City this season, and 24-20-3-0 over the last five years. The Mavericks won the opener on Wednesday night 5-4.
ALLEN AMERICANS TODAY:
PREGAME SHOW: 6:50 PM CST
PUCK DROP: 7:05 PM CST
WATCH LIVE: FLOHOCKEY.TV
LISTEN LIVE: AMERICANS 24/7
ON THE CALL: Tommy Daniels
Next Game: Monday, May 17, vs. Kansas City, 7:05 pm. TICKETS
About the Last Game: The Americans jumped out to a 3-1 first period lead and then gave it away in the second period, as Kansas City scored twice to tie the game. The Mavericks scored two more times in the third period to go up 5-3, before Les Lancaster cut the lead to one goal at 5-4. The Americans attempt to pull Justin Kapelmaster late in the third period failed, after KC kept the Americans pinned in their own end along with a late penalty. Justin Kapelmaster made 29 saves in his return. Brett Neumann scored twice while adding an assist in the loss.
Conway Streak Hits Five: Scott Conway's backhanded goal in the first period extended his point streak to five games, the current longest on the team. Conway has four goals in his last five games.
Lancaster joins the 20 Club: Allen Americans defenseman Les Lancaster scored his 20th goal of the season on Wednesday night in Kansas City. Lancaster has a three-game goal streak, and five goals in his last seven games. He is riding a four-game point streak.
COMPARING ALLEN AND KANSAS CITY
Last 10: 7-3-0-0
ALLEN AMERICANS TEAM LEADERS:
Goals: Corey Mackin, 24
Assists: Matt Register 44
Points: Les Lancaster, 51
+/-: Phillip Beaulieu, +12
PIM: Zane Franklin, 113
KANSAS CITY MAVERICKS:
Last 10: 3-5-2-0
KANSAS CITY MAVERICKS TEAM LEADERS:
Goals: Brodie Reid, 22
Assists: Brodie Reid, 32
Points: Brodie Reid, 54
+/-: Connor Doherty +8
PIM: Loren Ulett, 76
SINGLE GAME TICKETS ARE ON SALE!
Don't miss the excitement of Americans Hockey in 2021.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 15, 2021
- Fournier Sets New Franchise High in Loss to RC - Wichita Thunder
- Strong Special Teams End Rush Skid, Force Rubber Match - Rapid City Rush
- Mavs Win on Blades Tribute Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Grizzlies Winning Streak Extends to 6 - Utah Grizzlies
- Rays Battle Back to Earn 4-2 Win in Jacksonville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Rauhauser Scores Late, Rabbits Win 2-1 Thriller in Wheeling - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Late rally by Solar Bears falls short in 3-2 loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Revenge of the Blades - Florida Everblades
- Guindon Shines, But Greenville Gets Late Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Mavericks Game Preview vs. Allen Americans - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Icemen, May 15, 2021 - Jacksonville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - May 15 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Preview: Saturday Night in Tulsa - Utah Grizzlies
- Blades Look for Road Rebound - Florida Everblades
- Game Day Preview: Allen at Kansas City, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Icemen, May 15 at 7 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at Nailers, 7:10 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Closer to Clinching Playoff Spot with Win vs. Rush - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.