Grizzlies Winning Streak Extends to 6
Tulsa, Oklahoma - Parker Gahagen saved 29 of 30 shots and 2 of 3 in the shootout as the Utah Grizzlies win 2-1 in a shootout over the Tulsa Oilers on Saturday night at BOK Center. The win extends the Utah winning streak to 6 games.
Neither team scored in the first period. Utah drew first blood as Hayden Hodgson scored on a rebound from a Matt Hoover shot 8:02 into the second period. Hoover got his 12th assist of the year and Hodgson has now scored a goal in 3 of his last 4 games and has a point in 4 straight.
Tulsa tied the game 12:01 into the third period as Charlie Sampair got his 12th of the year. In overtime both goaltenders made key saves to force the game into a shootout. Utah's Parker Gahagen got the win after denying Robby Jackson and Matt Lane in the shootout. Utah went 2 for 2 in the shootout as Ryan Lowney and Trey Bradley each scored. Tulsa goaltender Devin Williams saved 28 of 29 through overtime.
Charlie Gerard led Utah with 5 shots on goal as the Grizzlies have won 7 of their last 10 games, including 6 in a row, which is a season high. Utah's winning percentage is now .566, which is .050 points above Rapid City for 4th place in the Western Conference. The Grizzlies now have a record of 29-21-5-6, while Tulsa's record is now 26-26-8-3 and an even .500 winning percentage.
The series concludes on Sunday afternoon at 3:05 pm mountain time. Next week the Grizzlies are home for a 4 game series against the Allen Americans. May 21-23 is Heroes Weekend at Maverik Center. For more information, go to utahgrizzlies.com or call (801) 988-8000.
1. Trey Bradley (Utah) - shootout game winner.
2. Charlie Sampair (Tulsa) - 1 goal.
3. Hayden Hodgson (Utah) - 1 goal.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 15, 2021
- Fournier Sets New Franchise High in Loss to RC - Wichita Thunder
- Strong Special Teams End Rush Skid, Force Rubber Match - Rapid City Rush
- Mavs Win on Blades Tribute Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Grizzlies Winning Streak Extends to 6 - Utah Grizzlies
- Rays Battle Back to Earn 4-2 Win in Jacksonville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Rauhauser Scores Late, Rabbits Win 2-1 Thriller in Wheeling - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Late rally by Solar Bears falls short in 3-2 loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Revenge of the Blades - Florida Everblades
- Guindon Shines, But Greenville Gets Late Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Mavericks Game Preview vs. Allen Americans - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Icemen, May 15, 2021 - Jacksonville Icemen
- ECHL Transactions - May 15 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Preview: Saturday Night in Tulsa - Utah Grizzlies
- Blades Look for Road Rebound - Florida Everblades
- Game Day Preview: Allen at Kansas City, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Icemen, May 15 at 7 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at Nailers, 7:10 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Closer to Clinching Playoff Spot with Win vs. Rush - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.