Game Day Hub: December 3 at Everett
Winterhawks Game Day Preview
Portland Winterhawks at Everett Silvertips
After snapping a three-game skid on Friday, the Hawks head north to take on the Silvertips for the third week in a row.
Puck Drop: 6:05 p.m. PT
Venue: Angel of the Winds Arena
Listen Live: Winterhawks Radio Network and on the Winterhawks App
Watch Live: WHL Live on CHL TV | Evoca TV
Game Notes: Winterhawks Game Notes
Follow the Winterhawks: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok
Upcoming Promotional Games:
Wednesday, December 7 - Holiday Party - BUY TICKETS
Saturday, December 10 - Teddy Bear Toss - BUY TICKETS
Saturday, December 17 - Ugly Sweater Night - BUY TICKETS
FOLLOW ALONG: Box Score
About Last Night
It was a spirited comeback from the Winterhawks to snap a three-game losing skid on Friday, knocking off the Victoria Royals 3-1 at the VMC while surpassing the team's Toy Drive goal of 3,000 donations! Jack O'Brien, Gabe Klassen and Ryder Thompson each scored in the final 40 minutes to erase an early 1-0 deficit and get the first-place Hawks back in the win column.
Friday's victory also featured a couple of milestones, as alternate captain Robbie Fromm-Delorme skated in his 200th career game, and forward Ryan Miller became the first 2007-born skater to appear in a game for the Winterhawks.
"Just an amazing feeling to be part of the program and take that (solo) lap. The first shift was kind of nerve-wracking, but after that I felt like I could get into my game a little bit," said Miller following his debut.
Miller's first contest came 10 days after Hudson Darby and Cole Cairns hit WHL ice for the first time in the Winterhawks' last meeting with the Silvertips on Wednesday, Nov. 23. Speaking of that game...
Just over a week after their last trip to Everett, the Hawks are back at AOTW Arena for another divisional tilt against the 'Tips.
Portland has fared well against Everett this season with two wins in two meetings, and face the Silvertips for the third of six slated contests in a six-week span. The Hawks have outscored the 'Tips 9-3 in the first two contests and have opened up an 11-point lead over their green and white rivals in the division standings. Can they make it three W's in a row tonight?
Steady in the Crease
Each Portland netminder has played one game this week, and each has excelled between the pipes. Dante Giannuzzi gave the Hawks a chance with 32 saves on Wednesday, while Jan Špunar picked up his seventh win of the year last night, stopping 29 of 30 shots against Victoria.
With respective 11-3-1-0 and 7-1-0-1 records, Giannuzzi and Špunar each provide a strong presence in net. Regardless of who goes tonight, Head Coach/GM Mike Johnston knows he's got two solid options to rely on in Everett.
STAY SOCIAL: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2022
- T-Birds Bear Down on Victoria - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Berezowski Nets OT Winner, Tips Complete Comeback vs Portland 4-3 - Everett Silvertips
- Wiesblatt Makes the Fur Fly in Tigers' Loss to Blades - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Warriors Win Fifth Straight, Beat Rebels in Red Deer - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Royals Fall to Thunderbirds in Hard-Fought Saturday Night Contest - Victoria Royals
- Hawks Tally Twice in the Third to Pick up a Point in Everett - Portland Winterhawks
- Rockets Lose Fourth Straight - Kelowna Rockets
- Blades Sweep Road Trip After 2-1 Win in Medicine Hat - Saskatoon Blades
- Penalty Trouble Costs Broncos in 4-2 Loss to Brandon - Swift Current Broncos
- Hawks Pick Up A Point In Everett - Portland Winterhawks
- Hyland & Ritchie Score a Pair; Win Second Straight at Home - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Prince Albert Falls to ICE - Winnipeg Ice
- Raiders Fall 6-4 To Ice To Close Out Five-Game Road Trip - Prince Albert Raiders
- Wheat Kings Host Broncos Saturday Night - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Americans Look for 4th Straight Home Victory - Tri-City Americans
- Annual Teddy Bear Toss Set for Saturday as Chiefs Host Lethbridge Hurricane - Spokane Chiefs
- Game Day Preview December 3 vs Saskatoon - Teddy Bear Toss Night - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Warriors Continue Road Trip in Alberta this Weekend - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Game #27 - ICE vs Prince Albert Raiders, 7:00 at the ICE Cave Inside Wayne Fleming Arena - Winnipeg Ice
- Wheat Kings Pick Up Victory in Marty Murray's Coaching Debut - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game Day Hub: December 3 at Everett - Portland Winterhawks
- Americans Defeat Lethbridge 4-2, Earn Third Straight Victory at Home - Tri-City Americans
- Royals Open Road Trip with Close 3-1 Loss to Winterhawks - Victoria Royals
- Hawks Rally and Tally Three Unanswered for 3-1 Win Over Royals - Portland Winterhawks
- Pats Put Down Cougars 5-1 - Regina Pats
- Chiefs Bounce Back, Dominant Performance from Cowan Earns 2-1 Victory - Spokane Chiefs
- Giants Come Up Short Friday In Kamloops, 3-0 - Vancouver Giants
- Kelowna Falls 2-1 - Kelowna Rockets
- Blades Clutch Up for 4-3 OT Win in Red Deer - Saskatoon Blades
- Late Power Play Vaults Tigers to 1st Win in Calgary - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Hitmen Fall to Tiger 4-3 - Calgary Hitmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.