Four in a Row for the Spideys
FOND DU LAC, WI - The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders (17-13) sweep the Kalamazoo Growlers at home with a 6-3 victory. The Dock Spiders have now won four in a row, and keep pushing to gain ground on the first place Wisconsin Rapids Rafters.
Michael McBriar (College of Lake County) got the nod today and went five innings of just two runs given up. He left the game with a 3-2 lead.
The Dock Spiders offense came out hot with three straight hits from the top of the order to start the game. Aaron Anderson (Flagler) delivered a two run single to strike first.
Tate Kolwyck (Vanderbilt) came up with an RBI single himself and the Dock Spiders had a 3-0 lead through four. McBriar ran into trouble in his fifth inning when giving up two runs and cutting the lead to one.
The Growlers would tie the game up in the sixth, while leaving runners in scoring position. After that their bats went silent.
A couple of errors by the Growlers would give the Dock Spiders their fourth run. A sacrifice fly by Duncan Hunter (Jacksonville) would give the Dock Spiders a 5-3 lead.
Another sacrifice fly in the eighth by Kellen Sarver (Illinois) would drive in their sixth and final run. They would go with Brock Weirather (Grinnell) came in the ninth for the save.
The Dock Spiders would win 6-3 and get set to take on the Kokomo Jackrabbits tomorrow night at 6:35 PM. It's all you can eat as the Dock Spiders look to make it five in a row.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 4, 2019
- Eau Claire Fails to Comeback in Willmar - Eau Claire Express
- Express Defeat Stingers - Eau Claire Express
- Rochester's Rally Falls Short - Rochester Honkers
- Rox Blank Honkers, Sweep Rochester at the Rock Pile - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Top Express - Willmar Stingers
- Sean Repay, Wyatt Ulrich and Larks Say Goodbye with a Win - Bismarck Larks
- MoonDogs Score Four Times in Second, Barringer Shines for Weekend Sweep over Bucks - Mankato MoonDogs
- Rafters Sweep Jackrabbits to Close Homestand - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Booyah Split Season Series with Pit Spitters - Green Bay Booyah
- Growlers Struggles Continue in Loss to Fond du Lac - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Mallards Drill Rivets 12-3 to Close Road Swing - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Swept 4-2 by Mankato - Waterloo Bucks
- Woodchucks Sweep Lakeshore in Sunday Marathon - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Chinooks Swept by Woodchucks - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Bombers Drop Final Home Game of Season - Battle Creek Bombers
- Kingfish Sweep Bombers on 6-3 Victory - Kenosha Kingfish
- Four in a Row for the Spideys - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Border Cats Win 4-2 to Sweep Duluth - Duluth Huskies
- Chinooks Unable to Comeback Against Woodchucks - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Rafters Wrap up Homestand in Finale against Jackrabbits - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Kingfish Squash Bombers 15-5 - Kenosha Kingfish
- Rivets Win Exhilarating Match-Up against Mallards - Rockford Rivets
- KZoo Falls at Fond Du Lac - Kalamazoo Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.