Booyah Split Season Series with Pit Spitters
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah failed to get runners across on Sunday afternoon as they fell 2-0 to Traverse City to split the season series.
Pitching was the story of the day for both sides, as Chris Jefferson went seven innings, giving up just one earned run in his ninth start of the season. The New Mexico State product had his best outing of the season in the loss to the Pit Spitters. Also on the mound for Green Bay, Logan Lee went an inning, giving up one earned run and getting out of a bases loaded jam. Bobby Dorta finished off the top of the ninth for Green Bay, throwing a scoreless inning.
On the offensive side, Blaise Maris led the way for the Booyah by going 4-5 with three singles and a double. Nick Kreutzer picked up another two hits for Green Bay, both singles. Brady West had one a hit, a double in the ninth to put runners at second and third with two outs, but the Booyah couldn't scratch across any runs at the end of the day. Green Bay ended the day with 11 hits, and 13 runners left on base.
The Booyah now head to Rockford for a two-game set to finish their season series against the Rivets. Senior Victor Santana out of Shorter University takes the mound for the Booyah as they look to stay above .500 in the second half.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5-minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Blaise Maris launches one for the Green Bay Booyah
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 4, 2019
- Eau Claire Fails to Comeback in Willmar - Eau Claire Express
- Express Defeat Stingers - Eau Claire Express
- Rochester's Rally Falls Short - Rochester Honkers
- Rox Blank Honkers, Sweep Rochester at the Rock Pile - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Top Express - Willmar Stingers
- Sean Repay, Wyatt Ulrich and Larks Say Goodbye with a Win - Bismarck Larks
- MoonDogs Score Four Times in Second, Barringer Shines for Weekend Sweep over Bucks - Mankato MoonDogs
- Rafters Sweep Jackrabbits to Close Homestand - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Booyah Split Season Series with Pit Spitters - Green Bay Booyah
- Growlers Struggles Continue in Loss to Fond du Lac - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Mallards Drill Rivets 12-3 to Close Road Swing - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Swept 4-2 by Mankato - Waterloo Bucks
- Woodchucks Sweep Lakeshore in Sunday Marathon - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Chinooks Swept by Woodchucks - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Bombers Drop Final Home Game of Season - Battle Creek Bombers
- Kingfish Sweep Bombers on 6-3 Victory - Kenosha Kingfish
- Four in a Row for the Spideys - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Border Cats Win 4-2 to Sweep Duluth - Duluth Huskies
- Chinooks Unable to Comeback Against Woodchucks - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Rafters Wrap up Homestand in Finale against Jackrabbits - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Kingfish Squash Bombers 15-5 - Kenosha Kingfish
- Rivets Win Exhilarating Match-Up against Mallards - Rockford Rivets
- KZoo Falls at Fond Du Lac - Kalamazoo Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.