Former Maverick Carter Verhaeghe Makes NHL Debut with Tampa Bay Lightning
TAMPA, Fla. - Former Kansas City Mavericks Forward Carter Verhaeghe made his National Hockey League debut for the Tampa Bay Lightning Thursday night when the Lightning opened the 2019-20 NHL regular season in the Lightning's 5-2 win against the Florida Panthers. Verhaeghe registered one shot on goal in his debut.
In 36 games with Kansas City from 2015-2017, totaling 57 points on 20 goals and 37 assists and a plus-27 plus-minus rating. He also tallied 11 points on two goals and nine assists in 10 games in the 2016 Kelly Cup Playoffs. He is the Mavericks all-time leader in points-per-game at 1.58.
Verhaeghe is the fifth former Maverick to play in an NHL game, joining forward Ross Johnston (New York Islanders), goaltender Ville Husso (St. Louis Blues), goaltender Maxime Legace (Vegas Golden Knights) and Tanner Fritz (New York Islanders).
Mavericks Training Camp presented by Yummy Favorites is now underway at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena.
For the full training camp schedule, please visit kcmavericks.com All practices are open to the public in the main bowl of Silverstein Eye Centers Arena.
To request media availability during training camp, please contact Brian McGannon at [email protected]
Download the new Kansas City Mavericks mobile app in the App Store or Google Play. Access your mobile tickets, view stats, listen to broadcasts and view exclusive content by downloading the app today.
The Kansas City Mavericks begin their 11th season this fall at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena in Independence, MO. The 2019-20 home schedule kicks off on Saturday, October 12 as the Mavericks take on the Indy Fuel at 7:05 p.m. For more information, visit kcmavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 4, 2019
- Komets Win Wild One in Overtime to Open Preseason - Wheeling Nailers
- Mavs Drop Preseason Exhibition to Allen in OT, 3-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Miscues Cost Swamp Rabbits in Preseason Opener - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 'Blades Rally Falls Short in Preseason Opener - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Skate by Greenvile in Preseason Opener - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Feast on Wings in Preseason Opener - Toledo Walleye
- Offensive Third Period Propels Indy Past the Cyclones - Indy Fuel
- Royals and Thunder Duke It out in 3rd, ADK Takes It in OT - Reading Royals
- Thunder Knock off Royals in Overtime, 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Lineups Announced for "Black and White Intrasquad Game" - Rapid City Rush
- Rays Announce Training Camp Roster Updates - South Carolina Stingrays
- Growlers Announce Training Camp Roster Adjustments - Newfoundland Growlers
- Walleye Celebrate Hockey Heritage Night During Opening Weekend - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Announce Schedule Updates - South Carolina Stingrays
- Forward Sam Kurker Agrees to Terms with Indy - Indy Fuel
- Rush Receive Reinforcements from Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Announce Schedule Updates - Orlando Solar Bears
- Former Maverick Carter Verhaeghe Makes NHL Debut with Tampa Bay Lightning - Kansas City Mavericks
- Schedule Announced for ECHL.TV Showcase Game on Facebook Watch - ECHL
- Forward Conor Riley Makes Return to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Zach Osburn Re-Ups for Second Season with the Mavericks
- Mavericks Sign Former Sabres Draft Pick Giorgio Estephan
- Mavericks Ink Defenseman Willie Corrin
- Rookie Defenseman Noah Delmas Joins Mavericks
- Back-To-Back Usport Goalie of the Year Taran Kozun Joins KC