Express Shutout Chasers 5-0
PAPILLION - Despite 5 hits and no runs allowed for 7 of the 8 innings against Round Rock Monday night, the bottom of the 6th proved to be the dagger in the Chasers loss. Round Rock's Framber Valdez ( 6.2, 4 H, 3 BB, 10 K) went 6.2 innings allowing 4 hits and 3 walks but struck out 10 to keep Omaha off the board. Ralph Garza finished the game for the Express going 2.1 innings.
Kyle Zimmer opened the game for Omaha (2.0 IP, H, BB, 3 K) matching Josh Staumont 's line exactly just two nights ago. Zach Lovvorn (4.0 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 4 Er, BB, 3 K), came in after Zimmer and was cruising until the bottom of the 6th when Round Rock put up 5 runs with a slew of singles, walks, wild pitches and a throwing error from Lovvorn.
The Chasers threatened to score in the 4th when Elier Hernandez (0-3, BB, SO) walked, Jorge Bonifacio (0-2, 2 BB) followed suit, and Bubba Starling (2-4, 2 H, 1 SO) bunt singled to load the bases with no outs. Chase d'Arnaud (1-3, H, BB, SO), Nate Esposito (0-4, 3 SO), and Brett Phillips (0-4, 3 SO) proceeded to strike out, ending the best chance on the night for Omaha to plate a few runs.
Kyle Tucker (2-3, R, 2 H, 2 RBI) collected the only RBI's on the night when he singled to left, scoring Jack Mayfield (2-4, R, 2 H, 2 SO) from 3rd and Joshua Rojas (0-3, R, BB, SO) from 2nd.
The Series continues through Wednesday. Tomorrow's matchup starts at 7:05pm CDT. The Chasers return to Werner Park Thursday, July 4th against the Nashville Sounds. Following that game Werner Park celebrates Independence Day with the First National Bank Fireworks Show! Over 20 minutes of the biggest fireworks in the Omaha metro.
Tickets for that game and all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 2, 2019
- Garcia Walks off for Redbirds Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Late Rally Comes up a Bit Short - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Suarez brilliant as River Cats clobber Isotopes - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizz out-slug El Paso 11-9 on Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- 'Cakes Split Twin Bill - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- River Cats Pounce on Isotopes, 11-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Off-Key Against Sounds - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa Scores Early, Not Often in Loss to San Antonio - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Fends off Oklahoma City in Victory - Nashville Sounds
- Smith Deals, Hager Comes up Clutch for Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (36-47) vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers (34-48) - Nashville Sounds
- Express Shutout Chasers 5-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers to Give Away Mystery Bobblehead on Mystery Night - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Huge July 4th Weekend Ahead at Chukchansi Park - Fresno Grizzlies
- Round Rock Express RHP Jose Urquidy Promoted to Houston Astros - Round Rock Express
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (34-49) vs New Orleans Baby Cakes (45-38) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes at Las Vegas - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 2, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 2019 Jarritos Triple-A Home Run Derby Participants Announced - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Celebrate Independence Day Weekend with the OKC Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Flipping the Script at the Wolff - San Antonio Missions
- Green blasts grand slam but River Cats drop game - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes End Skid Behind Hilliard's Grand Slam - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Reno's Comeback Attempt Grounded by Las Vegas - Reno Aces
- Corban Joseph's Response to All-Star Snub: Just Keep Raking - Las Vegas Aviators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.