Devils Sign Goaltender Mareks Mitens to ATO
NEWARK - The Binghamton Devils today announced that the club signed goaltender Mareks Mitens to an amateur tryout contract. The announcement was made by Binghamton's General Manager Dan MacKinnon. He has reported to Newark to begin his quarantine.
Mitens, 23, wrapped up his senior season with the Lakers that culminated in the program's first WCHA Championship and a trip to the NCAA Tournament. The Ventspils, Latvia native posted a 14-6-3 record, 1.96 goals-against average and a .930 save percentage this season. Overall, Mitens finished with 36 wins, 2.51 goals-against average and a .914 save percentage in 94 games.
During his senior season, 6-foot-1, 185-pound netminder was named Second Team All-WCHA, WCHA Goaltender of the Month in November and three separate WCHA Goaltender of the Week recognitions. In addition, he was one of the nine finalists in Division I hockey for the Mike Richter Award, which is given to the top goaltender annually.
The Devils return to the ice tonight, April 7, against the Hershey Bears at 7:00 p.m. inside RWJBarnabas Health Hockey House.
Images from this story
Goaltender Mareks Mitens with Lake Superior State University
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2021
- Henderson Topped by San Jose, 4-2, in Back-To-Back Game - Henderson Silver Knights
- Belleville Edges Moose, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Fall in Overtime to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Bears Beat Devils Again, Fire 50 Shots in 3-2 Victory - Hershey Bears
- Brodeur Stops 47 in 3-2 Loss to Bears - Binghamton Devils
- Crunch Edge Amerks, 4-3, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Suffer First Loss in a Month - Chicago Wolves
- "Eagles Fight Cancer Night" Set for Saturday, April 10th - Colorado Eagles
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Gettinger, Wolf Pack Scorch Bridgeport in Third for 7-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Defense Fails Sound Tigers in 7-2 Loss - Bridgeport Islanders
- Devils Sign Goaltender Mareks Mitens to ATO - Binghamton Devils
- Condors Host Henderson Friday in AHL Facebook Watch Game of the Week - Bakersfield Condors
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, April 7th - Belleville Senators
- Gov. Pritzker Joins Blackhawks and Rockford Officials to Announce $23 Million BMO Harris Bank Center Capital Renovation - Rockford IceHogs
- Andreoff and Sandin to Phantoms, Twarynski to Taxi Squad - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Daniel Walcott from Syracuse Crunch to Taxi Squad - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Duel with Wolf Pack at 1 p.m. - Bridgeport Islanders
- Bakersfield Tops Reign in OT - Ontario Reign
- Stars Fall in Road Trip Opener - Texas Stars
- Kaut's Two-Goal Night Leads Colorado to 5-4 Win over Stars - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.