Crunch Edge Amerks, 4-3, in Overtime
SYRACUSE, N.Y. --- Alex Barre-Boulet scored the game winner in overtime to lift the Syracuse Crunch over the Rochester Americans, 4-3, tonight at the Blue Cross Arena.
The victory moves the Crunch to 9-6-1-0 on the season and 4-3-1-0 in the 12-game season series with Amerks.
Goaltender Sam Montembeault earned his fourth straight win with 25 saves in net for the Crunch. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen stopped 17-of-21 between the pipes for the Amerks. Syracuse went 1-for-4 on the power play and a perfect 3-for-3 on the penalty kill.
The Amerks were first on the board 5:52 into the game when Dominic Franco skated in down the left wing and backhanded a feed for Dalton Smith to send in as he came down the slot. Two minutes later, Remi Elie broke up a pass and quickly capitalized on the turnover with a shot while on his knees.
The Crunch stole one back with 43 seconds remaining in the first period. Boris Katchouk threw the puck just wide of the net for Mitchell Stephens to chip in back door.
Syracuse evened the score with another late period goal at the 19:05 mark of the middle stanza. Stephens carried the puck into the zone along the right-wing boards and centered a feed to Raddysh to snap home while on the power play.
The Crunch took the lead just 44 seconds into the third period. Alex Green fired a shot from the left circle that was stopped, but he grabbed his own rebound and scored on the second chance.
At 8:04, the Amerks tied the game at 3-3 to eventually force overtime when Mattias Samuelsson sent in a long left-point shot through traffic.
One minute into the overtime frame, Barre-Boulet found just enough space to tuck the puck between the post and Luukkonen's left skate to net the game-winner.
The Crunch return home to host the Utica Comets on Saturday.
Ticket packages for the 2021-22 season are on sale now and can be purchased by calling the office at 315-473-4444. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
Crunchables: Boris Katchouk is on a six-game points streak (5g, 4a)...Mitchell Stephens has five points (1g, 4a) in three games...Alex Barre-Boulet is on a nine-game points streak (7g, 4a).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2021
- Henderson Topped by San Jose, 4-2, in Back-To-Back Game - Henderson Silver Knights
- Belleville Edges Moose, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Fall in Overtime to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Bears Beat Devils Again, Fire 50 Shots in 3-2 Victory - Hershey Bears
- Brodeur Stops 47 in 3-2 Loss to Bears - Binghamton Devils
- Crunch Edge Amerks, 4-3, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Suffer First Loss in a Month - Chicago Wolves
- "Eagles Fight Cancer Night" Set for Saturday, April 10th - Colorado Eagles
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Gettinger, Wolf Pack Scorch Bridgeport in Third for 7-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Defense Fails Sound Tigers in 7-2 Loss - Bridgeport Islanders
- Devils Sign Goaltender Mareks Mitens to ATO - Binghamton Devils
- Condors Host Henderson Friday in AHL Facebook Watch Game of the Week - Bakersfield Condors
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, April 7th - Belleville Senators
- Gov. Pritzker Joins Blackhawks and Rockford Officials to Announce $23 Million BMO Harris Bank Center Capital Renovation - Rockford IceHogs
- Andreoff and Sandin to Phantoms, Twarynski to Taxi Squad - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Daniel Walcott from Syracuse Crunch to Taxi Squad - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Duel with Wolf Pack at 1 p.m. - Bridgeport Islanders
- Bakersfield Tops Reign in OT - Ontario Reign
- Stars Fall in Road Trip Opener - Texas Stars
- Kaut's Two-Goal Night Leads Colorado to 5-4 Win over Stars - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Fredrik Claesson to One-Year Contract
- AHL Team Athletic Trainers Selected as Winners of 2020-21 Yanick Dupré Memorial Award
- Syracuse Crunch Promote Cooper Gillogly to Director of Ticket Retention & Operations, Hire David Riggs as Director of Ticket Sales
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold 2021-22 Home Opener October 23