Devils' Ryan Schmelzer Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
BINGHAMTON - The American Hockey League announced today that forward Ryan Schmelzer has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending March 8, 2020.
In three games, Schmelzer recorded six points (two goals, four assists) against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Friday and Sunday and the Lehigh Valley Phantoms on Saturday.
On Friday, Schmelzer had his first three-point night of his pro career, scoring the game-winning goal and picking up two assists in a 6-4 victory against the Penguins at home. Saturday, he registered a goal and an assist in a 5-1 win over the Phantoms and added an assist in Sunday's 3-0 win in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
The Buffalo, NY native has 23 points (seven goals, 16 assists) in 51 games for Binghamton this season. Last year, he recorded 24 points in 66 games as a rookie. Prior to his professional career, Schmelzer spent four seasons at Canisius College, where he tallied 106 points (40 goals, 66 assists) in 143 games and was an all-conference selection and served as the team's captain as a senior.
The Devils are back home Wednesday, March 18 against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms at 7:05 p.m. Kids under the age of 12 can get FREE tickets with the purchase of an adult ticket and a FREE happy meal courtesy of McDonald's and Mix 103.3FM. Tickets are available by calling or texting "TICKETS" to 607-722-7367.
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils forward Ryan Schmelzer
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 9, 2020
- First Place Roadrunners Start "4 in 6" at Home Tuesday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Weekly: March 9 - Tucson Roadrunners
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 9, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Week 23 Report: Hogs Enter Home Stretch in Playoff Picture - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Recall MacLeod from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Charlotte Checkers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Bears Recall Chris McCarthy from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Moose Sign Derek Lodermeier to Amateur Tryout - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Jerad Rosburg to a One-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recall Eriksson Ek from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Kaut Returns to Avalanche, Eagles Recall Davis - Colorado Eagles
- Devils' Ryan Schmelzer Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Binghamton Devils
- Binghamton's Ryan Schmelzer Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- 'Canes Reassign Nedeljkovic to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Zach Giuttari to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Luukkonen Assigned to Cyclones - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Binghamton Devils Stories
- Binghamton Devils Re-Sign Ryan Schmelzer to AHL Contract
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Street Named Devils' 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Devils, Americans, Comets, and Crunch to Host Blood Drives
- AHL Suspends Season - Statement from the Binghamton Devils