Griffins Recall MacLeod from Toledo
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Griffins on Monday recalled center Gregor MacLeod from the ECHL's Toledo Walleye.
MacLeod, 21, has spent time with both the Griffins and Walleye during his rookie season. Beginning the year in Grand Rapids, the 6-foot, 175-pound center tallied six points (3-3-6) and two penalty minutes in 22 games. He picked up his first pro point on an assist on Oct. 23 vs. Milwaukee and netted his first goal on Oct. 26 vs. Texas. Assigned to Toledo on Feb. 4, MacLeod has racked up 19 points (9-10-19), a plus-10 rating and eight PIM in 16 games for the Walleye.
A native of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, MacLeod spent the previous three seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with the Charlottetown Islanders (2016-18), Quebec Remparts (2017-18) and Drummondville Voltigeurs (2018-19), recording 160 points (60-100-160), a plus-63 rating and 113 PIM in 169 games. During the 2018-19 campaign in Drummondville, he was teammates with Joe Veleno and posted career highs in points (84), goals (35), assists (49) and games (60).
The Griffins (28-27-3-4) will continue their four-game homestand on Wednesday against Iowa at 7 p.m.
Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 9, 2020
- First Place Roadrunners Start "4 in 6" at Home Tuesday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Weekly: March 9 - Tucson Roadrunners
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 9, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Week 23 Report: Hogs Enter Home Stretch in Playoff Picture - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Recall MacLeod from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Charlotte Checkers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Bears Recall Chris McCarthy from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Moose Sign Derek Lodermeier to Amateur Tryout - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Jerad Rosburg to a One-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recall Eriksson Ek from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Kaut Returns to Avalanche, Eagles Recall Davis - Colorado Eagles
- Devils' Ryan Schmelzer Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Binghamton Devils
- Binghamton's Ryan Schmelzer Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- 'Canes Reassign Nedeljkovic to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Zach Giuttari to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Luukkonen Assigned to Cyclones - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.