The Cleveland Monsters will make their final trip to Charlotte this year to close out the season series against the Checkers on Tuesday and Wednesday night. The Monsters and Checkers currently split the series 3-3-0-0 with Cleveland holding a 22-15-3-2 record in franchise history. The biggest victory for the Monsters against the Checkers this campaign came on November 3 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse with Cleveland claiming the game 5-1. In the matchup, forward Paul Bittner recorded a multi-point night (1G, 1A) along with eight other skaters recording points while backstop Veini Vehvilainen stopping 22 shots faced.
The Cleveland Monsters will host a Survivor & Volunteers Coffee and Morning Skate on Saturday, March 14, during the team's practice at OBM. Together with the American Cancer Society, the Monsters are proud to welcome local cancer survivors, people battling cancer and their families for breakfast and a chance to meet with the players following practice. The event is held in advance of the Monsters Annual Purple Game benefitting the American Cancer Society which will take place this year on Saturday, March 28.
Monsters Family Value Packs start at less than $20 per person and provide the best value and flexibility for attending a Monsters game! Family Packs include four (4) discounted, lower bowl tickets to the game of your choice (as close as 4 rows from the glass!), $5 in food and beverage credit on each ticket and a FREE kid's ticket to the Greater Cleveland Aquarium when you purchase an adult aquarium ticket all for ONLY $79 (a $156 package value)! Visit www.clevelandmonsters.com/tickets/familyvalue to get yours TODAY! All Monsters tickets can be purchased at www.ClevelandMonsters.com/tickets, by calling (216) 420-0000 or by visiting any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 9, 2020
- First Place Roadrunners Start "4 in 6" at Home Tuesday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Weekly: March 9 - Tucson Roadrunners
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 9, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Week 23 Report: Hogs Enter Home Stretch in Playoff Picture - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Recall MacLeod from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Charlotte Checkers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Bears Recall Chris McCarthy from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Moose Sign Derek Lodermeier to Amateur Tryout - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Jerad Rosburg to a One-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recall Eriksson Ek from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Kaut Returns to Avalanche, Eagles Recall Davis - Colorado Eagles
- Devils' Ryan Schmelzer Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Binghamton Devils
- Binghamton's Ryan Schmelzer Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- 'Canes Reassign Nedeljkovic to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Zach Giuttari to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Luukkonen Assigned to Cyclones - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Announce New Television Program on SportsTime Ohio, Monsters OT, Presented by University Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Monsters Sign Forward Carson Meyer to AHL Contract
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Thomas Schemitsch to AHL Contract
- Cavs, Monsters and Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement
- Monsters Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to AHL Contract