American Hockey League Announces Suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
- Charlotte Checkers defenseman Gustav Forsling has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of a cross-checking incident in a game vs. Utica on Mar. 6.
Forsling will miss Charlotte's games Tuesday (Mar. 10) and Wednesday (Mar. 11) vs. Cleveland.
- San Diego Gulls defenseman Keegan Kanzig has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of an elbowing incident in a game at San Jose on Mar. 7.
Kanzig will miss San Diego's games Tuesday (Mar. 10) and Wednesday (Mar. 11) at Tucson, and Friday (Mar. 13) vs. San Jose.
- Hartford Wolf Pack forward Vinni Lettieri has been suspended for three (3) games, Hartford forward Matt Beleskey has been suspended for three (3) games, Hartford defenseman Mason Geertsen has been suspended for three (3) games and Springfield Thunderbirds defenseman Brady Keeper has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of their actions in a game between their teams on Mar. 8 at Springfield.
Lettieri and Beleskey were both suspended for leaving the players' bench on a legal line change and joining an altercation; Geertsen was suspended for leaving the penalty bench for the purpose of joining an altercation. All three players will miss Hartford's games Wednesday (Mar. 11) vs. Providence, Friday (Mar. 13) at Springfield and Saturday (Mar. 14) at Bridgeport.
Keeper was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 40.4 for physical abuse of an official (Category III). He will miss Springfield's games Friday (Mar. 13) vs. Hartford, Saturday (Mar. 14) vs. Utica and Sunday (Mar. 15) at Bridgeport.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 9, 2020
- First Place Roadrunners Start "4 in 6" at Home Tuesday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Weekly: March 9 - Tucson Roadrunners
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 9, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Week 23 Report: Hogs Enter Home Stretch in Playoff Picture - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Recall MacLeod from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Charlotte Checkers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Bears Recall Chris McCarthy from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Moose Sign Derek Lodermeier to Amateur Tryout - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Jerad Rosburg to a One-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls Recall Eriksson Ek from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Kaut Returns to Avalanche, Eagles Recall Davis - Colorado Eagles
- Devils' Ryan Schmelzer Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Binghamton Devils
- Binghamton's Ryan Schmelzer Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- 'Canes Reassign Nedeljkovic to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Zach Giuttari to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Luukkonen Assigned to Cyclones - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.