Dayton Dragons GameDay for Sunday (3:05 EDT)
Sunday, May 5, 2019 l Game # 29
Veterans Memorial Stadium l Cedar Rapids, Iowa l 3:05 p.m. (EDT)
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (10-18) at Cedar Rapids Kernels (12-16)
RH James Marinan (1-2, 5.48) vs. RH Cole Sands (0-0, 2.37)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Cedar Rapids Kernels (affiliate of the Minnesota Twins) in the last game of a three-game series. This is also the finale of a six-game road trip for the Dragons. Dayton on the Road Trip: 2-3.
Streaks: The Dragons have won two straight games after losing the previous six.
Last Game: Saturday: Dayton 4, Cedar Rapids 2. Jonathan Willems lined a two-run double to the left field fence with two outs in the seventh inning to break a 2-2 tie. Dragons relievers Eduardo Salazar (W) and Connor Bennett (Sv) combined for four scoreless innings. Reniel Ozuna had an RBI single and Jay Schuyler drove in a run with a sacrifice fly.
With a win today, the Dragons would earn their first road series sweep since they won three straight at Burlington, May 1-3, 2018.
The Dragons have won back-to-back wins for the first time since April 5-6 and for the second time in 2019.
The Dragons have clinched their first road series victory since July 21-23, 2018 at Beloit when they won two-of-three.
The Dragons are 7-1 when holding the opponent to three runs or less.
The Dragons have committed just one error in five games on the road trip (throwing error by the pitcher on Wednesday-game two).
Dragons pitchers have allowed four runs or less in three straight games for the first time in 2019. Winning 4-3 and 4-2 over the last two games, the five combined runs allowed is the fewest the Dragons have given up in back-to-back games in 2019.
Jay Schuyler over his last 10 games: 11 for 33 (.333) with eight runs batted in. He is batting a team-leading .303.
Miguel Hernandez is 6 for 18 on the road trip, batting .333 to lead the team.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Monday, May 6 (7:00 p.m.): Clinton LH Manuel Rodriguez (1-1, 4.64) at Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (0-3, 7.08)
Tuesday, May 7 (7:00 p.m.): Clinton RH Humberto Mejia (2-0, 2.81) at Dayton RH Jared Solomon (0-1, 4.58)
Wednesday, May 8 (7:00 p.m.): Clinton TBA at Dayton RH Ricky Salinas (0-0, 4.50)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 5, 2019
- Locos Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with 7-5 Victory - Lansing Lugnuts
- Snappers Drop Series Finale in Lansing - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Win 11-3 Sunday, Martinez Tosses Perfect Frame - Peoria Chiefs
- Bojarski Hits for Cycle in Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bees Take Series with 9-5 Victory - Burlington Bees
- Picantes Blank Cougars, 4-0 - Lake County Captains
- LumberKings Fall in Series Finale with Cubs - Clinton LumberKings
- Cubs Snap Skid and Beat Clinton 3-2 in Series Finale - South Bend Cubs
- Sands Sends Kernels to Victory - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars Strand 11 in Shutout Loss - Kane County Cougars
- Winning Ways Continue - Great Lakes Loons
- Wisconsin Misses Opportunities in 4-1 Loss to Loons - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons Fall in Cedar Rapids to Close Road Trip, 4-0 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Late Rally Comes Up a Little Short - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bowling Green Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bandits Record Sixth Consecutive Win by Beating Fort Wayne 4-3 in Extras - Quad Cities River Bandits
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 5 vs. Quad Cities (Game 29) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay for Sunday (3:05 EDT) - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Snap Losing Skid with Comeback Effort - Lake County Captains
- Lumberkings Strike Out 18 In 4-3 Victory - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Offense Shunned After First Inning - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.