Crunch Defeated by Amerks, 4-2
SYRACUSE, N.Y. --- The Syracuse Crunch were defeated by the Rochester Americans, 4-2, tonight at the Upstate Medical University Arena.
Serron Noel netted his first professional goal as the Crunch dropped their third game of the year to the Amerks. Syracuse is now 3-5-1-0 on the season and 1-2-1-0 in the 12-game season series with Rochester.
Crunch netminder Spencer Martin stopped 23-of-27 between the pipes for the Crunch. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen earned the win turning aside 27-of-29 in net for the Amerks. Syracuse went 2-for-8 on power play, while Rochester went 2-for-5.
The Amerks opened scoring with a power-play goal 7:20 into the game. Jean-Sebastien Dea's right circle shot was blocked, but the rebound came back out to Steven Fogarty who stickhandled towards the net and scored.
The Crunch tied it up with a power-play goal of their own at 13:44 when Noel redirected Peter Abbandonato's left wing shot.
Rochester went back on top 2:23 into the second period. Martin made the initial save, but left the puck out for Arttu Ruotsalainen to backhand in. The Amerks made it a two-goal lead with 4:04 remaining in the frame. After a tic-tac-toe passing sequence from Mattias Samuelsson to Jack Quinn, Andrew Oglevie finished it off with a quick stick as he cut towards the slot.
Syracuse came back within one halfway through the final frame with another power-play tally. Scott Wilson came in down the left side and sent a perfect cross-zone feed for Taylor Raddysh to sneak in past Luukkonen's left skate.
The Amerks regained their two-goal lead with 39 seconds remaining in the game when Dea chipped in a rebound while on the man-advantage.
The Crunch are back in action on Friday when they travel to face the Utica Comets.
For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
Crunchables: Greg Meireles appeared in his first AHL game with the Crunch tonight...Tonight was the first time the Crunch have score multiple power-play goals this season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 6, 2021
- Colorado Tripped up by Silver Knights, 4-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Henderson Wins Sixth in a Row, Defeat Colorado 4-1 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Devils Lose Lead in 6-3 Loss to Penguins - Binghamton Devils
- Crunch Defeated by Amerks, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Dea's Three-Point Night Propels Amerks to 4-2 Win in Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Iowa Comes up Short in 3-2 Loss at Rockford - Iowa Wild
- Roadrunners Welcome Fans Back to Tucson Arena - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Top Belleville, 6-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Forward Jayson Megna Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Wolves Can't Solve Kivlenieks - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters Complete Weekend Sweep of Wolves with 3-1 Win - Cleveland Monsters
- Late Scores Push Stockton Win Streak to Five - Stockton Heat
- Flurry to Start Second Period Leads Bears Past Phantoms, 4-1 - Hershey Bears
- Bears Snag First Win in Rivalry Series - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Aim for Fifth-Straight Win Saturday against Toronto - Stockton Heat
- Marlies Drop First of Back-To-Back against Stockton - Toronto Marlies
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs Moose March 6th - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 1 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs Host Wild for Two-Game Weekend Set at BMO Harris Bank Center Starting Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- San Jose Ends Home Streak - San Diego Gulls
- Five Straight Topple Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game #10 Texas at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hat Trick from Gage Quinney Leads Silver Knights to 4-2 Victory - Henderson Silver Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forwards Mitchell Stephens, Alex Barre-Boulet from Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch Roll Past Comets, 5-1
- Syracuse Crunch Reassign Nikita Pavlychev to Orlando Solar Bears
- Crunch Edge Amerks, 4-3, in Overtime
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Daniel Walcott from Syracuse Crunch to Taxi Squad